“Disappointing”

Ranked #13 of 105 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A busy licensed Italian restaurant, popular with locals and visitors to the area. Offering a wide chioce of dishes, mainly Pizza and Pasta, but also much more. Special lunchtime 2 course & 3 course offers available. We have been consitently serving freshly prepaired food for 20 years, with a consistently high turnover of covers. We do not endorse the use of TripAdvisor for anyone (whether a customer or not) to leave harsh, critical, or defamitory comments permanently on the internet. We have run a successful business for 20 years without the need of the internet to support us, or to bring us down. We are always willing to listen to customer comments at the time of visit, whereby we can offer something as a replacement where required. If you're happy with our service, then tell others. If not, then tell us. It's as simple as that. We will do our best to keep all our genuine customers happy with their visit to us.
Reviewed 28 November 2022

Previously we couldn't get in as it was fully booked, so pleased to get a booking and a table. (It's quite small inside). There are no draught beers. We paid £1.75 for a glass of blackcurrant squash.
Ordered starters and mains. Prawn cocktail (okay) and garlic mushrooms. Garlic mushrooms turned up stuffed mushrooms with pate! When I got them changed, they looked like they were the same mushrooms scraped out and stuffed with chopped garlic! Very disappointed as these were also very dry, usually swimming in garlic butter or sauce but they were wrinkled like they'd been in a microwave.
The mains were delayed waiting for my mushrooms, both disappointing, small crispy, overcooked and dry seafood pizza, with plenty of seafood, but lacking flavour, most we left. My lasagne had several layers of pasta, some soggy, some hard, stuck together. it had a very thin layer of bechamel sauce and bolognaise on top.
When asked if we liked it, twice, we told them what was wrong. The answer was ' will tell the chef'. No offer to change, reduce the price or even an apology. We won't return. Very disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2022

Reviewed 27 June 2022 via mobile

Unfortunately I found the food very basic and bland. Not even any black pepper mills on the tables or olive oil. Having lived in Italy for a couple of months and visited many Italian restaurants in the UK, the whole experience was quite disappointing. Sorry.

Reviewed 16 June 2022

I have been visiting Toscana for over 20 years now and rarely had a bad meal in that time, so I'm not on here to complain but would be interested to know what the story is with the Cannelloni?

The last 3 times I've been in and tried to order Cannelloni, I've been told they only have a half portion left? Was going to enquire last night what this was all about but my daughter told me not to make a scene :)

The Calzone I ordered was tasty and my daughter enjoyed here food too but, seriously, someone needs to tell me what is going on with the Cannelloni.

Reviewed 14 June 2022

I've had to visit an Elgin office on a few occasions recently and used to frequent Toscana with my family during a day out as they had a great lunch menu. I decided to give it a try after my train was cancelled one night and haven't looked back. I really enjoy the ravioli and the carbonara, the phone is usually ringing off the hook with takeaway order's which is always a good sign and the in house traffic flows well. I tend to take up a table for a couple of hours, relax, enjoy my food and a glass or two of house wine and the front of house girls always ensure I am well looked after without being intrusive. The cuisine staff are always hard at work and bustling to get food to its destination. I always enjoy my visits here and tonight heard a business man describe how he always sends his wife a picture of his dinner and she wondered why because he always got his favourite thing from the menu. He was devastated to find his favourite was not available but enjoyed his next choice just as much after much deliberation! Thanks to the front of house staff for always looking after me and letting me relax and enjoy my book whilst I eat. 😍

Reviewed 16 January 2022 via mobile

Been a few years since we last visited but glad to see it’s still as good.
Great service. Waitresses very friendly.
Lovely food - cannelloni was delicious.
My husband had chili calzone which was amazing.
Very reasonable prices.