Hotels.com
eDreams
Lol.travel
All reviews leisure facilities bed and breakfast gym tlc outskirts
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2019

Had our wedding reception here many years ago and have always staid in this hotel and it has always been great but now very poor perhaps it is up for sale perhaps that is the reason. 1 in 4 people according to the BBC have non dairy milk I was told they would have to check with their supplier to see if it is available. If you are vegan or vegetarian don't eat in the restaurant. The staff are great and do their best. Plus the pool was very dirty.

Trip type: Travelled with family
gm_eightacres, General Manager at Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2019

Dear strike_sure,

Thank you for providing us with a feedback.

I’m sorry to hear you felt the hotel has let you down due to the lack of non-dairy milk availability. We are happy to cater for people with all kinds of dietary requirements; all we ask is to make us aware ahead of the stay so we can source the necessary items. I will take up your feedback regarding the pool with the leisure department and pass on your compliments to the team.

My apologies for the inconvenience course and I hope you will decide to stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 July 2019 via mobile

The staff are really friendly and hotel is spotlessly clean; however the bathroom looked a little tired.
In the restaurant the service was very slow as there was only one the poor waitress responsible for looking after bar and restaurant area and this happened two days running.
Not sure what to say about the food, very slow and unfortunately the chef seems to over cook everything; medium rare steak was over cooked the pepper sauce had split and my scrambled eggs for breakfast I could of bounced it off the walls it’s was so rubbery.
If you get a choice of rooms try not have a room either on the second or third floor towards the fitness centre, as the seagulls roost on roof of the building and make absolute bl**dy racket all night; so I think some pest control might be required or some complementary ear plugs to be placed in the room.
Thats all folks.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mrrdean

Dear Mrrdean,

Thank you for your review.

I’m happy to see you have found the team friendly and the hotel spotless. Please accept my apologies for the delay in the restaurant. Unfortunately, we had some staffing issues the week you stayed, which coursed delays in service; this has been rectified now. Also, thank you for the feedback regarding the seagulls. We have made complimentary ear plugs available on the reception to combat the noise.

Thanks you again for the feedback and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 July 2019

No WiFi code in the room. No staff answering phone, so had to go back down to the abandoned reception and hunt for the code. C’mon Eight Acres. WiFi code in the room wouldn’t hurt anyone. It is 2019 after all.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Roger B

Dear Boddenr,

Thank you for your review.

I’m sorry to hear you feel let down by not have the WiFi code in the room. This has not been an issue before, as on the reception desk there is signage clearly stating the WiFi code and how to get on the network. I will pass on your comment to the team to make sure it is pointed out to the guests on arrival.

Reviewed 2 July 2019 via mobile

Had another delicious meal at The eight acres last night. Gorgeous food, brilliant staff and service as is usual. We have been here 4 times now and will keep going back as we love the atmosphere. Have been to tribute acts and stayed a night using the spa for a great relaxing time.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Helen a,

Thank you for your review.

I was glad to read how much you have enjoyed the food, the spa and all the experiences we offer and you are keep coming back. I will pass on your praises to the team and hope to see you again shortly.

Reviewed 2 July 2019 via mobile

I always thought this hotel was luxurious 5 star it's more like 3 star the rooms were clean but very small. The food was standard I order macaroni cheese it tasted ok but there was no sauce more like a bowl of milk not the standard I had hoped for would stay here as a last resort not my idea of luxury.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear missile133,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are a 3 star Hotel, Restaurant and Heath Club offering clean and comfortable accommodation to our guests combined with traditional Scottish meals and a relaxing atmosphere. I’m not sure where the luxurious 5 star description originated from, but I do apologise for not meeting your expectations.