“Very relaxing”
Review of Mansion House

Mansion House
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Elgin
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Great service from the moment we walked through the door. Relaxed atmosphere, high quality food, worth the money. Huge bed and awesome shower.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Alexs81
mstyson, Manager at Mansion House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for your very complimentary review, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

This is a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting. The rooms are beautiful. Great place to go for a relaxing weekend. Food is of a very high standard.

The drawing room on the left as you enter the hotel is a great place to sit and have a cup of coffee or a drink. In fact it is very easy to get used to just chilling out.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dazmagat
mstyson, Manager at Mansion House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Its great to hear that you had a relaxing break, we try to create a home from home atmosphere and this has obiously done the trick! Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stay in this hotel every year as a business traveller and on my return this year have been reminded why. The hotel seems to get better with every stay and cannot praise the hotel and its staff enough. They are welcoming, friendly and always very cheerful. I travel all over Scotland staying in hotels but I have to say that The Mansion House is my favourite stay. The rooms are very comfortable and each one is decorated to the highest standard. The only down side to staying at this hotel is that it does no good for my waist line as the food is amazing but then there is the gym to work off all those extra pounds. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jacquie B
mstyson, Manager at Mansion House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay again and thankyou for all the lovely comments regarding the food, bedrooms and our great team of staff. See you back soon!

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Just back from a lovely weekend break at Mansion House. This is our 3rd visit over the years. Don't listen to the critics, this is a quality hotel located in a quiet area yet only 5 minutes walk into town. There is clearly an ongoing refurb programme going on - we had a lovely redecorated room with a massive sleigh bed, large flat screen tv etc. Breakfast was excellent and evening meal fine too. Drinks are reasonably priced. Leisure Centre is clearly showing its age, but it works and is still an asset to the hotel.

The staff were all excellent, friendly, polite and professional and a credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a Superior Room with a Sleigh or 4 Poster Bed
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
mstyson, Manager at Mansion House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Many thanks for your review regarding your recent stay. It is nice to see our guests returning time and time again. Thank you for your lovely comments, refurbishment is ongoing which will see the Country Club getting a wee facelift! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

This hotel seems very promising and much of what it provides is very good, however the following are my downers!
Four poster bed is Queen size - but the Queen is only 5ft tall, if you are 6ft your feet will be cold. The LHS post obscures the TV. Room lighting is poor
The free tasters for both meals were horrid!
The first nights dinner was acceptable – JUST
The second nights Dinner is a disappointment nasty prawn cocktail, inedible ham terrine, greasy linguini, under cooked chicken [STICK TO THE GRILL MENUE WHICH IS FRESHLY COOKED] [This was in my opinion waste of money].
Puddings are very good though - Yummy.
Breakfast is the BEST cooking in the place exceptional.
It has to be said that all the staff are very good and make the atmosphere in the hotel very welcoming.
I will Never go there again.
I must apologise for making a mistake with the vat on the bill! [I found the bill very confusing]

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. If you had approached us at the time about the food and your room we could have rectified the situation but unfortunately we cannot put things right if we are not made aware, however we would like to point out that everything on our menu is cooked to order. Sorry to hear that you will not be returning back to the hotel.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

I enjoyed every aspect of this hotel. Our room and bathroom was spacious. I couldn't get wifi in our room, but could in the lobby and sitting rooms. The breakfast was excellent. The hotel served other meals there, but it was a little to pricey for us. The pool, hot tub, sauna, and steam room were all great. The gym looked good to, but I was to lazy to actually use it. The entire place is beautiful and the location is within walking distance to everything.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms and they were both good. The hotel is quite.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stayed as a lone buisness traveller last week and absolutely loved the hotel! The hotel itself is stunning, the rooms are out of this world and the food......just read the title!
Very contemporary, modern rooms. Lovely welcome from a smiling receptionist ( Nicola, I think her name was?) I loved the plasma tv and beautiful bathroom features.
I ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was outstanding. I have eaten in a few michelin starred restaurants and the scallops starter would match any of them! Simply devine. The braised venison was a great warmer to the cold weather and again was absolutely stunning!
I couldnt really fault the hotel much, but the restaurant (as said in previous reviews) was a little dated, and the music in the background was a bit dreary for my liking.
Hopefully I'll be returning soon!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
mstyson, Manager at Mansion House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Wow! What a fantastic review you have given us, it's great to hear your lovely comments about our rooms and especially the food! I am sorry that you were disappointed with the Restaurant but am pleased to say that this is already earmarked for a refurb at the beginning of 2012. I have passed your compliments to the chefs(along with your proposal!!) and to our Receptionist Nicoya (our little ray of sunshine!) See you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
Laichmoray Hotel
Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#7 of 7 in Elgin

Been to Mansion House? Share your experiences!