“Great place in the centre of town for a relaxing cuppa”
Review of Bijou

Bijou
Ranked #3 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Elgin
Reviewed 7 August 2021

I have been coming here once a week to meet my friend once a week for a catch up and a cuppa!
The waiting staff are lovely and very friendly and obliging.
I recommend the Strawberry Tea which is a choice of scone with butter and a wee jar of Tiptree jam and a hot drink from the menu,
I really look forward to my weekly visit and I recommend this cafe as the breakfasts are lovely too with all sorts of combinations from sourdough and avocado to more traditional filled rolls.

Date of visit: August 2021

Reviewed 4 May 2021 via mobile

Absolutely love this place! The food is always great, cakes are amazing and the scones are the best I have ever tasted (and I've tried a lot)
Staff are always friendly and helpful and they have implemented brilliant Covid safe procedures, we definitely feel very safe here.
Would highly recommend

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

Would highly recommend a visit here. It’s a beautiful cafe, very airy and bright and under unusual circumstances it is well equipped with screen etc, staff wear masks. It is a very safe feeling environment to eat. They have taken all the steps to make it feel safe and I will be visiting again next week.

I visited with a friend, “mac and cheese toastie” was the special which my friend had and I have to say it did look amazing! I opted for the vegetable broth. The soup was really good and the brown bread on the side was very fresh and very tasty.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank mama_m66
Reviewed 29 July 2020

Me and my mum absoultely loved the cafe! The staff were really polite and the food was great. The only issue with this cafe though is the fact that it is quite expensive

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

After visiting the Hospital, my wife and I (mainly me) were a bit peckish and some welcomed advice led us here.

As you entered, you were directed through the main shop (which was quite niche actually). It's possibly best described as an extensive card shop with unique gifts and jewellery - a lot of which is manufactured by local businesses. For the cafe itself, you needed to climb one floor up the stairs located at the rear of the premises.

The cafe boasted fairly comfortable seating and a decent menu. The 'Vegetarian' options (I felt) were a little bit overlooked but I found a 'Panini' nonetheless (please see the photograph). It was great and the sides were a worthy accompaniment. My wife had a 'Coca Cola' and I had a 'Latte' which were both good. The 'Rolo Cake', which came as part of a meal deal, was tasty but very dry.

The staff were accommodating throughout and the overall cost was £11.20 - not too expensive by all accounts. I can confidently say that we would both come back to sample something different on the menu.

Date of visit: March 2020