“Family meal”

Scribbles
Get food delivered
Ranked #9 of 85 Restaurants in Elgin
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Scribbles is an independent restaurant & pizzeria in Elgin, Moray. We specialise in homemade traditional and deep pan pizzas, and with a huge variety of toppings to choose from you will be pressed to find a better pizzeria in the area! We also serve calzones which are bursting to the brim with delicious fillings and dishes such as pastas and salads for those of you who are not pizza lovers. As a family restaurant we welcome children of all ages and have a dedicated children’s menu.
Reviewed 25 December 2023

Had a good night here with our family but was left very disappointed with the price hike, unfortunately the menu prices online are not up to date although there is a notice advising that they are in the process of updating this which really isn't good enough especially with the cost of living. You are looking at the prices online and working out roughly how much you will be only to find that it's way more eg £4.75 increase on a classic chicken burger which seems extreme. I'm not looking to damage a local business this is purely my opinion, I couldn't recommend.

Date of visit: December 2023
1  Thank Katy B
Faith Houlding, Owner at Scribbles, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2023

Apologies Katy that an otherwise enjoyable family meal was spoilt by our out of date website - which shows pricing from early 2021. The pulldown tab should have been updated with the most recent menu as requested to the company who can access the website but having checked that this morning, I can see that request was never carried out. Our Facebook page is updated almost on a daily basis by myself and does carry copies of all our restaurant menus.
The website is a priority moving forward as a package is being drawn together on content and how interactive to make things ie bookings/ordering/etc but apologies again that this oversight had a detrimental impact on your experience with us. Faith H

Reviewed 12 November 2023

Booked a table so no problems there even though it was very busy. We had been booked on a table down a few steps which was not suitable for one of our party's accessibility needs but was promptly reallocated another table. Exceptional friendly service throughout. Delicious food. Can't wait to return. Thanks Scribbles 😊

Reviewed 11 November 2023

Ordered a duck pizza and there was duck all meat on it. Other people's food was about the same, manager was nice and reduced the cost of bill but the food was a bit disappointing.

2  Thank MM02023
Faith Houlding, Owner at Scribbles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2023

Apologies martinmull that you didn't enjoy your visit to the restaurant and I have noted the details from the further 2 reviews that have been left in order to discuss any issues with team on shift during your meal. I am pleased to read that the Duty Manager was helpful and did adjust your bill to your satisfaction when you brought your dissatisfaction to the team’s attention and I am also happy to confirm that we have had no change in personnel within our Kitchen Team so I am unsure where this misinformation has come from. It is a shame when reviews are weaponised to damage a business which I conclude from your party leaving 3 separate reviews on your one visit. Faith H

Reviewed 11 November 2023 via mobile

The food was very poor. The pizza’s were stodgy with virtually no topping, everything else was tasteless. Apparently the chef who earned the good reviews has left so the standard has plummeted. A complete waste of money and a huge disappointment when we are just visiting for the evening. Toilets were also grubby to say the least.

Date of visit: November 2023

Apologies Compass20535053210 that you didn't enjoy your visit to the restaurant and I have noted the details from the further 2 reviews that have been left in order to discuss any issues with team on shift during your meal. I am pleased to read that the Duty Manager was helpful and did adjust your bill to your satisfaction when you brought your dissatisfaction to the team’s attention and I am also happy to confirm that we have had no change in personnel within our Kitchen Team so I am unsure where this misinformation has come from. It is a shame when reviews are weaponised to damage a business which I conclude from your party leaving 3 separate reviews on your one visit. Faith H

Reviewed 11 November 2023 via mobile

Pizza was like stodge. Couldn’t eat it. Tasteless. A real disappointment. Practically no duck on the duck pizza. I would never go again.

Date of visit: November 2023

Apologies rob that you didn't enjoy your visit to the restaurant and I have noted the details from the further 2 reviews that have been left in order to discuss any issues with team on shift during your meal. I am pleased to read that the Duty Manager was helpful and did adjust your bill to your satisfaction when you brought your dissatisfaction to the team’s attention and I am also happy to confirm that we have had no change in personnel within our Kitchen Team so I am unsure where this misinformation has come from. It is a shame when reviews are weaponised to damage a business which I conclude from your party leaving 3 separate reviews on your one visit. Faith H