“Shocking”
Review of The Pancake Place

The Pancake Place
Ranked #8 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Elgin
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Description: A wide selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner options, served to your table in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
“Shocking”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Very disappointing how they can get something so simple so wrong. My fiancé and I ordered a pancake to share which we were both really looking forward to. The pancake arrived at the table where you would think a 9 year old kid had been serving up the food in the kitchen, drowned in chocolate and the icecream was ice without the cream. After one spoonful each we could not bring our selves to eat no more. Sharply paid the bill and left. Will not got be going back.

Visited April 2014

“Awkward”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Breakfast deal for £3.50, 4 things included. Bacon, egg, sausage and beans, i asked to swap my bacon for an extra sausage as I have never eaten bacon and the waitress simply said no. EVERYWHERE else in elgin swaps things on breakfasts to satisfy every customer. The waitress was rude and awkward! I think this is just pathetic. Hardly anyone I know comes here and now i know why! This was my first visit and my last. Why would anyone come here when you can get better service and better choice with breakfast pretty much anywhere else in elgin?

• Visited February 2014
Elgin, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the pannini”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Went in today for a late lunch with my hubby, both had pannini's and they were so good big portions to could barely finish and our pancake pudding was so tasty deffinetly worth a visit, staff were very helpful and friendly. I very lovely lunch.

1 Thank Rayner92
Elgin, United Kingdom
“Awful food, good service.”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The food was awful, my son and wife had the macaroni cheese, we didn't let my son eat it as there was a taste of cleaning fluid in the cheese. The chips where cold, and the drinks where flat. My all day breakfast was dried out and tasteless.

The service was ok, staff friendly enough, it's a shame they can't make the food better!

Will not return.

• Visited February 2014
Paul M, General Manager at The Pancake Place, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Sorry you didn't enjoy your meal, can't understand why you perceived a strange taste from your macaroni cheese, we do use a sanitiser to clean down food preparation areas but it is an accredited foodsafe product which is odourless and tasteless. We sell a huge amount of Macaroni cheese each day so it is always freshly made and we haven't encountered any similar problems. However if your dish was not up to standard I am sorry and we would have been happy to change or replace it for you.
“Ok cafe”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Popped in for a quick coffee, have tasted Better coffee but pancake with ice cream very good. The ambience is ok but decor needs updating

Visited December 2013
Paul M, General Manager at The Pancake Place, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thanks for your review, glad you enjoyed the pancakes they are our signature dish after all! We get our coffee beans from Liberty coffee which supplies us with an american style blend, it is a fairly easy drinking smooth coffee but we are happy to make it stronger or weaker on request, just ask and we will try to get it just right for you.