Royal Hotel
US$120
Premier Inn Elgin Hotel(Elgin)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$87
Ramnee Hotel(Forres)
US$160
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslinguineunder new ownershipfantastic birthdayfamily mealwelcoming placeslept like a logchilli chickenhave eaten herethe sticky toffee puddingmain buildingcullen skinkvisited this hotelsteakgreat nights sleepretail parkadequate parkinglovely meal
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Last week I was sent on a placement to Elgin from my university in Inverness. My uni paid for me to stay in this hotel for 2 nights. Maybe I am slightly biased because I didn't pay for my trip, but I loved my stay at this hotel! I felt really embarrassed and awkward at first to be staying in a hotel and eating out alone, but the staff were so lovely and friendly that they completely put me at ease. Every single member of staff I encountered was chatty and polite. I would agree with other reviews that this hotel has the feeling of a B and B. Breakfast was great; a cold buffet followed by a hot cooked breakfast or porridge. I ate my evening meal in the hotel both nights, the food was excellent on both occasions and very reasonably priced for the standard I received. You have the choice of eating in either the restaurant or the bar. My bed was humongous, I probably could have fitted about 4 people in it!! I even had a bath in my massive bathroom. There was no noise disturbance whatsoever. I was able to check out at 8 o'clock in the morning, there was no hassle or misunderstanding over my university paying my bill so that was very stress free. I would definitely stay in this hotel again and I'd like to stay thanks to the staff for making my stay so pleasant!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Robyn G
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have been here a couple of times for a meal. Always beautiful! Staff are lovely and the dining room and bar is very comfy and modern.

Would highly recommend The Royal. My steak was cooked perfect and there was no complaints atall from either of us. Its a great atmosphere and all at a reasonable price. You get a fair plateful aswell :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Me and 5 friends had a 2 night stay here, Alan, Gwen and their staff couldn't of been nicer, our rooms and bathrooms were spotless and the breakfasts were freshly cooked with a great selection, definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I recently called the Royal Hotel looking for availabilty, I was told yeah we have 1 room left. I explained I was looking for a room for 1 person for that evening and what would be the price for this. I was informed that the price would be £79 room only or £87BB, I asked was this for a single or double etc. I was then told well it will either be a twin or a double its not guarenteed. I asked her how is this not guarenteed as this was the last room so I wouldn't have thought there would of been a choice of which room type was available.. She replied back to me, well if its just for one person what does it really matter? It is fair to say I did not take that last room with the multiple choice of room types but I am glad I never if this is the first impression that I received. Instead I phoned another hotel in the area where I received a more professional experience, I will definately be calling them in the first instance whenever I am working in the area again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Louise M
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We have stayed several times at the Royal and each time have enjoyed our stay. This time we were visiting relatives and this was a one night stop between west and east. The hotel is easy to find and has ample parking off road.
The hotel is very clean and the room we had was large and comfortable with probably the largest bathroom I have ever seen. The staff are very friendly and helpful, both in the bar in the evening and at breakfast the following morning and always willing to chat to you if you wish.
Breakfast is excellent with all you could want, cereal, fruit juice and a good hot English (or is that Scottish?) breakfast, and it's just a shame that all our visits have been one night only. It would be nice to stay longer to see the hotel at its best.
Always a pleasure to return. We'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple