“Friendly hotel good breakfast ”
Review of Royal Hotel

Royal Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Elgin
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Just spent the one night in the royal hotel in Elgin. Arrived after a windy snowy road trip and hotel was nice and toasty. Checked in and shown the room which was spacious, clean and warm. Down to the lounge bar which is reasonably priced, comfortable and good selection. Breakfast filled me up for the day, usual Scottish fayre with cold healthy buffet ( not for me when it's freezing outside) would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank corleonebob

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

A colleague and I stayed here recently midweek for one night. After a tiring day of work and travel we were greeted by a friendly member of staff and shown to our rooms which were in the adjacent annex. Two identical rooms, one on ground floor and one upstairs. Rooms very clean and with more than adequate facilities. We had a drink in the bar and also ate there. The food and service was excellent so no complaints from us! Food extremely tasty and well presented. Also very happy with the breakfast which was cooked to order - piping hot and good produce. Hotel also very near railway station so ideal! Will definately return!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cranno
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We went to this hotel for an evening meal. Its some of the best food we have had. The restaurant is beautiful, well presented just gorgeous. The staff were first class, nothing too much for them. Great value for money. Really recommend this restaurant you will not be disappointed. Treat yourselves!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Absolutely love this hotel, food is delicious and fresh, service always great and with a smile. Highly recommend this place for large parties also, nothing is ever a problem and there have never been errors with our food order. Give this hotel a try folks :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights over the September weekend. Rooms were clean and tidy. 10/10 staff. Food was lovely, great little bar. Overall a great stay. Only thing missing from the full Scottish, black pudding and potato scone! Would def go back.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Last week I was sent on a placement to Elgin from my university in Inverness. My uni paid for me to stay in this hotel for 2 nights. Maybe I am slightly biased because I didn't pay for my trip, but I loved my stay at this hotel! I felt really embarrassed and awkward at first to be staying in a hotel and eating out alone, but the staff were so lovely and friendly that they completely put me at ease. Every single member of staff I encountered was chatty and polite. I would agree with other reviews that this hotel has the feeling of a B and B. Breakfast was great; a cold buffet followed by a hot cooked breakfast or porridge. I ate my evening meal in the hotel both nights, the food was excellent on both occasions and very reasonably priced for the standard I received. You have the choice of eating in either the restaurant or the bar. My bed was humongous, I probably could have fitted about 4 people in it!! I even had a bath in my massive bathroom. There was no noise disturbance whatsoever. I was able to check out at 8 o'clock in the morning, there was no hassle or misunderstanding over my university paying my bill so that was very stress free. I would definitely stay in this hotel again and I'd like to stay thanks to the staff for making my stay so pleasant!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Robyn G
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have been here a couple of times for a meal. Always beautiful! Staff are lovely and the dining room and bar is very comfy and modern.

Would highly recommend The Royal. My steak was cooked perfect and there was no complaints atall from either of us. Its a great atmosphere and all at a reasonable price. You get a fair plateful aswell :-)

• Stayed: August 2013