All reviews fantastic meal under new ownership breaded haddock family meal slept like a log cooked to order breakfast first class main building cullen skink steak visited this hotel lovely food lovely hotel family room visiting family very pleasant stay first floor
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight for work. Very pleasant and straightforward check in and out. Room very clean and bed comfortable. Bit creaky from overhead rooms and next door room TV, but not such that would put me off staying again. Breakfast was lovely. My dinner was Macaroni which was fairly bland but others had lovely meals so purely a poor choice on my part I think. Staff were very friendly. Location is ideal as directly opposite train station and Lidl and very short walk to Asda for any forgotten necessities.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This company STOLE £89 from me and refusing to give it back.

The manager is a COWARD and does not return any calls cause he knows he has stolen this when he shouldn't further action will be taken.

Decide to tell you a day after your booking you can not change the date as their website can change the dates with no notification, yet I am at the mercy of it, couldn't even use the booking since they are idiots and tell you after you should be there, why? Cause they are con artists, also booked breakfast and the staff obviously ate that also. absolutely disgusted.

Shocking service.

Room Tip: Absolutely shocking service.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch. I had egg sandwiches, salad and crisps. My husband had chilli chicken panini, salad and crisps. We had cakes and a soft drink. Lovely food. Friendly staff. It was quite busy. Would recommend a visit. Good prices. Will be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Had a lovely lunch in the new conservatory, very relaxed atmosphere and was nice that the tables were spread out. We had egg mayonnaise sandwich followed by a nice slice of homemade cake. Would highly recommend a visit.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 7 June 2018

My wife and I called for coffee at approximately 1415 hours on 06/06/2018 and to try out the new coffee shop which has been built on the site of the old bar.

No-one was at the counter and several bluebottles were crawling about the uncovered scones.

We were not impressed!