Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
£107
No prepayment needed
186525Steve
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Refreshing stay and True scottish hospitality

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Nov 2022
Stayed there for work trip 1 week in October . Couldn't fault anything . Rooms were comfortable , kudos to Housekeeping team for keeping my room extremely clean . Comfortable Bed and it gives you a homely feeling despite being a hotel, Had Breakfast everyday , excellent Scottish breeakfast , cooked to order better then chain hotels where one has to pickup from hot buffet .

Nicola and Alex both are assets to Royal hotel , superstars !

Had dinner for 2 nights , excellent freshly cooked delicious meal , shame that the restaurant was not full , as the food and service both are top notch.
Date of stay: October 2022
  • ZenHotels.com
    £109
0.7 miles from The Royal Hotel-Elgin
View more hotels in Elgin
All reviews food was lovely couple of nights first floor comfortable bed nicola lidl
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2022

Stayed at the royal hotel Saturday night. Public areas clean. Bedroom on first floor was nothing like the pictures online. Smelled as you opened door and got worse from there. Floor sloped towards middle of room. A bottle of water slid off unit onto floor. One towel between 2 people. I asked for a towel which was no problem, I mentioned the room was worst I’ve stayed in to the receptionist and she said yeah they aren’t the best! Told me spare towels would be in cupboard in room except the door handle came away in my hand and no towel. Rusted radiators and toilet seat. Bed had no headboard just the bed against the wall. Bed was however comfy. Room faced main road so slept till around 5.30 am then quite heavy traffic. Breakfast was very good except cold tea and coffee. When we left we looked for staff so we could feedback to them but there was no one and had locked the main door. I’ve pictures of all the above issues. As I said parts of hotel lovely and well maintained but don’t be fooled by some of the bedrooms.

Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 28 May 2022

A large group of us booked for brunch at the last minute when previous plans fell through. The staff were very helpful with the booking. The food was lovely, but I was most impressed with the service - everything anyone needed was provided, from vegan to vegetarian to gluten free, oat milk, etc. Nothing was too much trouble. The waitress was friendly and helpful and despite being on her own, couldn’t have been more helpful. Will definitely be back!

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 30 April 2022 via mobile

Friendly check in with great knowledgeable member of staff who was a credit to the hotel.

Room was modern, clean and comfortable. Credit to the girl who worked on the 27th as she helped everyone and showed true hospitality to all while being the only person on to serve everyone.

Breakfast was really good and overall really enjoyed my stay. It certainly exceeded my expectations. Would suggest going for great local service.

Room tip: Ask the team for advice as they gave great local knowledge.
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2021 via mobile

Another visit here for dinner and it didn’t disappoint! I ordered the steak and chips and the steak was cooked to perfection and the peppercorn sauce was tremendous.
Service was quick, friendly and efficient. Price was well worth it! Will Definetly be back!

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 19 September 2021 via mobile

Terrible stay arrived after a long drive no welcome, a phone instruction attached to the main door, I phoned got instructions to get into hotel wherein I seen an envelope with my name and instructions to go to an annexe where I would find my room. Freezing cold room no heating. Everything closed no bar restaurant as advertised. Breakfast asked for manager spoke to very young person who said he was the manager and if I didn’t like the hotel I could check out ? I was booked in there 2 nights £226 bed and breakfast cooked breakfast was a reheated microwaved breakfast not fresh I would avoid this place like the plague they are charging top dollar for very very poor service and basically no amenities they are stealing from you lying on their website I’ve since found out the place is up for sale no wonder robbers

Date of stay: September 2021