“Excellent”

West End Guest House
Ranked #3 of 22 Elgin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Stayed for one night. Nice big bright, clean room. Good shower and comfy bed. Host was very friendly and attentive. Room equipped with everything we needed. Big breakfast was tasty and supply of orange juice and coffee was plentiful. Good location, only 2 minute walk to town centre.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for West End Guest House

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed at the West End Guest house and really enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly, the room was comfortable and very clean and the breakfast was excellent. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend to others looking for a base at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed with our 16 month old daughter at the West End Guest house. We had a lovely time. The room was comfortable and clean, with a nice shower, comfy bed & wall mounted TV. They even managed to supply a travel cot and a high chair for breakfast for the child. I would happily stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I am struggling a little with this review because I don't want to be at all unfair or negative but my experience feels a little different from most of the other reviews on here. The West End was in a great location and the host (owner?) was really helpful and welcoming. My room was fine and my bed was comfortable . Breakfast was OK (I tend not to eat a cooked breakfast so the choice of alternatives especially fruit was a little limited). The room was clean enough but not spotless. Generally the West End was perfectly fine and charged a fair price for what it offered - but I didn't have the amazing, 5 star experience that other people seemed to have had!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My name's Lucy and I was allowed to stay at the West End if I promised to be good as they don't normally allow little doggies to stay. Fortunately the people who look after me had brought my bed and crate so I had a lovely nights sleep. In the morning I had some of Henrys food for breakfast and a nice walk in the woods with Lexy and Henry the owners, they brought along Mr & Mrs Watt (who think they own the place.!) and we all had a lovely time in the trees. Would definitely come back. It's also very handy for the V E T next door.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2012

beautiful layout and comfortable bed and pillows. Decent breakfast. all rooms were quiet.
we were going to stay in aberdeen but everything was full. kept driving north and everything was full, even in Elgin. found a B&B that pointed us to West End and luckily we got in.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We agree with other rave reviews. Breakfast particularly sumptuous.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends