“Lots of Whisky and a Perfect Guesthouse”

West End Guest House
Ranked #3 of 23 Elgin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We came to Elgin for the Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival. We traveled as a group of 6 friends from Turkey.
Carol showed that she'd be a good host even before the trip by recommending us "The Guvnor" for transportation. The guesthouse is 4 min. walking distance to the center. It's very clean with a beautiful garden in the front. The other Carol was in charge of the breakfast which included lots of alternatives to choose from. (The cheese omelet was my favorite) Everybody was very nice and caring. We are planing to do another malt whisky tour next year and West End Guesthouse will be our choice.

Room Tip: Rooms 3 is nice and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed at this establishment for one night when I was working in Elgin.

Everything was very clean and tidy and the staff were very efficient and accommodating.

When you add in the very competitive price for overnight accommodation, I would have no hesitation in making a subsequent booking when I am in the area next.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Anthony h
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I stayed along with another couple for one night only in August. I was expecting more after reading the Trip Advisor reviews before booking. I admit it was a good value for the money but I thought the place was a bit dated and the bed linens and towels needed replacement. The other point we had a problem with was breakfast ending at 8:30am which seemed too early. The rooms were small and clean but nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marilyn S
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Just ideal. Stayed for 3 nights as in Elgin for a wedding. Miles better than a hotel - great personal service from the owner, with no pressure.

Ideally located for walking into Elgin. Great parking facilities. Rooms were large and all ensuite which was great - the main thing is that it was very clean and whilst we were down for breakfast the maid comes in and sorts out the room. Bathrooms were great - good showers!
Wifi connection was great and included.

Breakfast was perfect. The quality of the provisions was first class and the choice excellent, I would thorougky recommend the smoked fish and poached eggs!

Great value and quality.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed for 2 nights to visit our son who is working in the area.

Perfect location for us and lots of useful information on where to eat etc.

Breakfast was lovely, and lots of it! Had poached eggs the second morning, the full breakfast was rather plentiful, the eggs were obviously as fresh as could be and perfectly cooked.

Would definitely stay again, thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Just back from overnight on business at this excellent B&B, room was excellent especially the Power Shower. Breakfast was excellent, overall fantastic value and quality. Renewed my faith in B&B's. Free Wifi also and great plus.

Room Tip: I was in room 3 excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I had stayed here for 2 nights while in the area and its a lovely place to stay. The rooms were spotless and nothing was trouble if you had needed anything. The breakfast was lovely in the morning and was lovely. I would certainly stay here again if im back in the area

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo