Lowest prices for your stay
£145
Fully refundable before Fri, 31 May
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Niall Williams
Dalgety Bay, United Kingdom

A knockout stay, first class.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Jun 2021via mobile
Headlines: Fantastic, staff were amazing and the cottage was beautiful.
We were so lucky to be able to stay in the newly refurbished cottage, this has been made into a beautifully laid out cottage to a high standard.
All the staff were amazing 👏 so perlite, and we felt very much covid safe.
We will be back, thank you.
Date of stay: June 2021
  • Vio.com
  • ZenHotels.com
4.0 miles from Laichmoray Hotel
View more hotels in Elgin
All reviews garden room cocktail bar amazing hotel would highly recommend this hotel first class stayed here for one night reception staff comfy bed plenty of parking an overnight stay evening meal high standard business trip breakfast was excellent town centre steak warm welcome
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2021 via mobile

Visited IV30 last night around 845, were welcomed at door by young lad who said needed our details for T&T, I said would scan the QR code which was fine, he then said my husband needed to do a separate check in, my husband didn’t have phone so gave his details manually (don’t normally review so quickly but feel the need!! Also can’t see separate page for IV30 so reviewing in main hotel page). We were then shown to a table & I can honestly say it’s the first place since Covid that has crammed tables in. There is NO way we were 1 metre away from other guests, I could have reached to my right and touched the head of person on seat beside me, really didn’t think this was allowed. For anyone reading this I’m no Covid queen but know this is wrong. We then ordered drinks large malt whisky & a cocktail, they came & were very nice. A young waitress then came over with the card machine, I informed her i had a gift voucher which I would be using, she said fine & went back to bar. Then a young waiter came over & said he needed to see the voucher which we questioned & he took it away & proceeded to phone someone. My husband was all for walking out!! We are a couple in our 50’s, did they really think we would have drinks & abscond without paying?? So it started off with both having to check in (never done 2 check ins before), the seating was packed in & then finally to be questioned over payment method!! I’m local to Elgin & have never been a fan of the Laich, this visit last night just reminds me why I never visit there, this was purely to use up a voucher. Thought drinks were a better option as in my opinion the menu is like something from the 1970’s!! To conclude first visit to this bar & will be my last. I give 100% honest reviews.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 7 May 2021 via mobile

Had evening meal here today as a couple, her roast beef was a bit dry and very thinly cut, my mangalore curry was tasty, chips were ok and we both had salted caramel banana sundae which was very dissapointing in taste and quantity with only 2 slices of banana and a crushed biscuit at bottom, considering the total cost of the meal at £54 it was very average and we will not be back. We have had better more fulfilling meals in burger king.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank O4032DSmichaelm
Reviewed 1 March 2021 via mobile

A great hotel walking distance to Elgin town centre. Friendly and helpful staff who made the stay through Covid restriction safe and reassuring. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. Felt safe and well looked after during this stay

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Anthony653
Reviewed 25 November 2020 via mobile

Delighted to have coffee and scones at the laichmoray... They are open which was a good start after trawling the area at the retail park with baby in pram and asda and farm shop cafe shut and costa full. The welcome was lovely very low key sensible and efficient approach to track and trace details and simply a warm welcome. Surroundings really lovely cozy helpful waitress /er ... Highly recommend

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at The Laichmoray Hotel. On arrival there was plenty of parking space and check-in was extremely efficient. Our room was comfortable and spotlessly clean. All of the staff we met were extremely friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast each morning was fantastic. Everything was delicious and piping hot, with lots to choose from. We will definitely be back and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. An added bonus was the whisky bar, with a huge range of single malts and very reasonable prices.

Date of stay: November 2020