Lowest prices for your stay
£135
TheBoggsClan
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Anniversary weekend

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Aug 2021via mobile
Arrived to a very friendly welcome, all social distancing and covid restrictions clearly visible. Roombwas lovely, comfy bed and shower was really powerful. Food - OMG do not loose your chefs please. Fantastic evening meals and breakfasts. Nice cocktails too. Staff really friendly, efficient in the restaurant and IV30 bar
Date of stay: August 2021
£75
    £75
0.5 miles from Laichmoray Hotel
View more hotels in Elgin
All reviews garden room cocktail bar amazing hotel would highly recommend this hotel first class stayed here for one night reception staff comfy bed plenty of parking an overnight stay evening meal high standard business trip breakfast was excellent town centre steak warm welcome
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 July 2021 via mobile

This hotel is outstanding, location is perfect for getting around Elgin and surrounding areas. It's roughly a 10/15 minute walk in to the centre of Elgin. The parking facilities are really good. The train station is a few minutes walk away, so handy. Check in procedure was very welcoming and efficient. Our room (47) was exceptionally clean and tidy. Great size room and bathroom. Breakfast sheets are in your room to pre order for the next day. I know this isn't to everyone's liking but we didn't have an issue with it. We ate our evening meals in the hotel on 3 occasions and did not have a single complaint. The food and drinks were really good and all the staff were fantastic, friendly and very welcoming. The hotel staff made us feel very safe, all covid procedures were in place to make us feel very well looked after. Breakfast was a real treat, lots to choose from and cooked fresh. Nothing was too much trouble for the breakfast staff. We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends and family. Whether it be for staying or simply stopping off for food. They are doing everything right here and we will definitely be staying again in the future.

1  Thank PaulineScott1
Reviewed 6 July 2021

Located about a 10 minute walk from Elgin City the Hotel was ideal.

The bed was comfortable and clean and the meal in the Hotel was Excellent likewise the breakfast proved nice and early if an early start is required.

Plenty of Car Parking provided.

1  Thank cathryn21cw
Reviewed 4 July 2021 via mobile

Room of decent decor & standard. Shower water pressure not the best. A nice enough hotel & experience, however nothing different from others I’ve stayed in, hence 3 rating.

Breakfast was ok, although scrambled eggs were returned twice, still a little rubbery each time.

Food in restaurant is very good - would give 4 rating. Staff all very friendly & pleasant.

Will return & would recommend if looking for a decent hotel in the Elgin area. Free car parking & WiFi a big bonus for us.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 541billya
Reviewed 27 June 2021 via mobile

Headlines: Fantastic, staff were amazing and the cottage was beautiful.
We were so lucky to be able to stay in the newly refurbished cottage, this has been made into a beautifully laid out cottage to a high standard.
All the staff were amazing 👏 so perlite, and we felt very much covid safe.
We will be back, thank you.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2021 via mobile

Visited IV30 last night around 845, were welcomed at door by young lad who said needed our details for T&T, I said would scan the QR code which was fine, he then said my husband needed to do a separate check in, my husband didn’t have phone so gave his details manually (don’t normally review so quickly but feel the need!! Also can’t see separate page for IV30 so reviewing in main hotel page). We were then shown to a table & I can honestly say it’s the first place since Covid that has crammed tables in. There is NO way we were 1 metre away from other guests, I could have reached to my right and touched the head of person on seat beside me, really didn’t think this was allowed. For anyone reading this I’m no Covid queen but know this is wrong. We then ordered drinks large malt whisky & a cocktail, they came & were very nice. A young waitress then came over with the card machine, I informed her i had a gift voucher which I would be using, she said fine & went back to bar. Then a young waiter came over & said he needed to see the voucher which we questioned & he took it away & proceeded to phone someone. My husband was all for walking out!! We are a couple in our 50’s, did they really think we would have drinks & abscond without paying?? So it started off with both having to check in (never done 2 check ins before), the seating was packed in & then finally to be questioned over payment method!! I’m local to Elgin & have never been a fan of the Laich, this visit last night just reminds me why I never visit there, this was purely to use up a voucher. Thought drinks were a better option as in my opinion the menu is like something from the 1970’s!! To conclude first visit to this bar & will be my last. I give 100% honest reviews.