“Average at best”
Review of The Cooperage - CLOSED

The Cooperage
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Have no expectations and you will not be disappointed. Went for lunch with wife and 1 year old son. Will not heat baby food up for you. Place was very cold had to ask for heating to be put on. Food was good and hot but took ages to arrive. Place was really quiet would hate to be in on a busy day. If stuck and desperate may visit again if only for my own curiosity to see if the place improves after reviews.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I took my daughter and 2 grandchildren in for lunch and live to regret it.First of all my tea was lukewarm, no need for milk!! Our main dishes were basically frozen mush chips with lumps of breadcrumbs that were supposed to contain seafood, plus the portions were meager. The worst was to follow though, as after waiting 30 mins after table cleared we were still waiting for our sweets. I reminded them and after waiting a further 15 mins I had to ask for a refund as the parking ticket on my car was about to expire. I have to say the staff were not totally to blame as there were far too few to deal with the numbers. One guy behind the bar was trying to cope with approx 25/30 people, and also trying to help waitresses with tables. Overall a shocking experience. Even the kids were complaining!!!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Service with a smile. Then 30 minute wait for second rate food. Not the best I've been to. Place was pretty empty despite it being lunch time. I suppose that says it all really.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I was in town for a quick visit (with work), so we popped in to the Cooperage for lunch. I'd not been before (at lunch or in the evening), but it seemed nice enough. At that time of day (12.30ish) the other diners were mainly families (one with a baby) or OAPS in for their pint.

We sat on comfy leather couches at the window, and I had a burger (the Monteray Jack and Bacon). The service was a bit slow, but I think this was due to under staffing rather than lack of interest. Anyway, the food hit the spot, the atmosphere was fine, the seats were comfy, and yes, the toilets were clean.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I used to go here for my lunch time on work days. Me, and my two friends went there maybe once a week, one of my friends is in a wheelchair, so he can't go up to the bar and order the food as there are stairs in the way. There is a lift for wheelchair users but it is broken. We went back a few months later and it still wasn't fixed. So he asked the barperson for some service, we waited for 20 minutes before someone came down to take our order. We then waited an extra 20 minutes for our food. The food is ok at the Cooperage but the service is bloody awful. Our lunch hour was 3/4 finished so we only had ten minutes left before we had to go back to work.

It also didn't seem very friendly, whenever I went up to order food the bar was always full of people, and I had to stand there for maybe 5 minutes before they noticed I was there. They were too busy talking to the people at the bar.