“You get what you pay for”
Review of The Muckle Cross

The Muckle Cross
Ranked #62 of 80 Restaurants in Elgin
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A JD Wetherspoon Free House located on the High Street, Elgin. Serving food daily from 8am til 11pm.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Only went in here because I was hungry and it was raining.It's a weatherspoons,you get what you pay for.Granted the roast beef was tastier than the usual plastic meat you get in chains,but not a big fan of warmed up frozen roast spuds.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

As a vegatarian finding something different isn't easy but The Muckle Cross ticks all the boxes. A real veggie burger not some awful quorn item and now the new freedom salad. Even if you love meat you should try the freedom salad its one of the nicest dishes i've ever eaten 10/10 to the chef

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I live locally and my partner and I dine out every week. I've never had an issue with the Muckle as it's good pub grub. However the attitude of the staff is disgusting and appaulling. I went to the bar to order food for my partner and two friends....well what transpired next made my jaw drop with shock. While giving my order to the bartender I made a mistake with one and corrected myself. The bartender drew me a look and said to hurry up as there busy. I've worked in hospitality for 17 years....8 of those years as a restaurant manager for 4 & 5 star hotels. Never in my life would I ever speak to my customers like. One more thing people I know have been saying things are going seriously down hill at the Muckle. I'll be telling everyone my experience I had last week. To the manager fired your staff and hire better more presentable people.

5  Thank CSFM7587
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The staff at the muckle cross are incredibly disrespectful and rude! My friend was asked for ID, she gave it without complaint. She then goes to the bar to order and an elderly staff member (most likely the manager)turns around and states she was horrible to one of her staff and so bars her for "bad attitude". Never again will my friends and I be eating/drinking here, or at least until the old witch retires!!

3  Thank Megss24
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Not too many places to eat in elgin so we often end up here, as it was a sunday i went for the sunday lunch special which was beef , yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes and veg plus a pint , all for £7. It arrived promptly but it was very poor and cold, also the plate was cold but it was only £7, will only be back if i am desperate i am afraid, we were also in here on saturday wanting to watch the football but they had the rugby on wales were playing someone but nobody was watching, asked for the football to be told rugby was advertised so staying on, cue quite a few people leaving including us, customer relations and common sense lacking. I think this is the worst wetherspoons i have been to

2  Thank BOBHAM5114