“Lifestyle Competition Prize”

Ranked #16 of 85 Restaurants in Elgin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2020

This was my first visit to The Royal Hotel courtesy of a £25 voucher which I won in a Lifestyle (excellent free magazine covering Moray/Aberdeenshire) competition. The busy restaurant was very well organised pandemic wise and had a comfortable, relaxed feel. Staff were friendly, efficient and polite. Plenty of choices, menu wise. I had the chicken burger and fries which was the best I've had yet, delicious. My friend chose the Cajun chicken pasta with garlic bread which she thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you, I will certainly be back!

Date of visit: November 2020
2  Thank Wilma F

Reviewed 26 August 2020 via mobile

Excellent family meal at The Royal.

Service and food both outstanding, very polite and accommodating staff. Definitely be back.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 20 August 2020

MY Wife and I had dinner here earlier this week. We were welcomed on arrival and shown into a room on the right. Tables were well spaced out, there were several hand sanitising stations and staff were clearly aware of their responsibilities during the Covid pandemic. That was reassuring. Staff were very pleasant and attentive. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her meal and although my steak was lovely - cooked to perfection - I have to say the prawn cocktail starter was a bit of a let down; uninspiring, quite a small portion and in my opinion overpriced. Overall, though we regarded the dinner as enjoyable and reasonable value for money.

Date of visit: August 2020
3  Thank sanmac19
Reviewed 19 December 2019 via mobile

Bit disappointed. Christmas Dinner very bland and nothing special at all. Other meals at our table were also just ok. Didn’t expect frozen chips in a restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2019
2  Thank iloveholidays47
Reviewed 22 November 2019 via mobile

Had a lovely afternoon tea here for my birthday, my sister and I hugely enjoyed it, also had a birthday party here 3 years ago for 30 people was also excellent

Date of visit: November 2019