“Poor”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dunkeld, United Kingdom
“Poor”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Fish was ok however the chips were poor quality. Th e wine was warm. When asked if we enjoyed our meal I said the chips were not very tasty. Server appeared completely in different to my complaint so I thought it was pointless to mention the warm white wine. Servers attitude was take it or leave it... We left it.
This restrauent gives the Asvale brand a bad name. Won't be back.

Elgin, United Kingdom
“Could be better”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The resturant is okay. Food is V good. Customer service could be better and the interior is getting old. The take away on the other hand. As we ordered the server was very blunt. After 2 people came back with their meal I was slightly worried. 1st complaint being hair in food. 2nd was the fish was very hard. My meal on the other hand was good and I fairly enjoyed it. Good amount of chips and fish tasted fresh.

Elgin
“Good quality fish and chips delivered to your door.”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We have used the Ashvale quite a few times now, attracted by the fact they deliver to your door (within a certain radius) it's our lazy day food of choice. You can order food for delivery up until 2030hrs.

On this most recent order we had family visiting so ordered 1 x fish cake and chips, 2 x fish and chips and one plain sausage and chips. This all came to £28 which we thought was quite good value considering the quality of the food.

I have noticed one review on here saying to stay away and that food is microwaved, I can't say I have ever seen this from this establishment when we have used them and we have on occasion visited their restaurant in person but usually do get our food delivered. It has on every occasion been very tasty and of fantastic quality, my mother who was visiting and had one of the fish and chip portions remarked how fresh her fish tasted.

All in all I would have no problems recommending this establishment if you were looking for fish and chips. The establishment itself has plenty of parking and the ability to eat in, my wife who has eaten at their cafe says that it is very nice and the service was fast. They also offer salads and have a varied menu including paninis.

• Visited August 2013
“OK but nothing special :(”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Still reasonable but nothing compared to what it was last year when I visited. Portions were a lot smaller and tea tasted like dirty dish washer....suspect they are using cheapest possible cash&carry teabags. There are better places in Elgin (try Brewsters)

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“You have to try this place”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I am extremely allergic to fish and so when my husband suggested we try the Ashvale I was a bit hesitant. I am so glad I did. We went on two nights because I was so impressed with both the food and the value for money. On the first night I had homemade lasagne and my husband had the fishcakes, both were excellent and you certainly have plenty of chips. The second night I fancied a baked potato which was most enjoyable. There is a great friendly atmosphere and the manageress Brenda was lovely. I would highly recommend the Ashvale and when we are back in Elgin will definitely be paying it another visit.

Visited August 2013