“Great Little Hotel”

Premier Inn Elgin Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Elgin
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Excellent overnight en-route to Fort George Celebration of the Centuries event. Premier Inn offers fantastic value for money for a family room for 4 and is always spotless. the rooms in this hotel are newer, very comfy, staff very friendly too.

1  Thank Kerrie F
AndyElgin, Manager at Premier Inn Elgin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Kerrie F,

Thank you for writing a lovely review of your stay with us at the Premier Inn, Elgin. We always aim to provide a world class service to our guests, and I'm sure our team will be very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

compared to Travelodge this hotel is over priced , the shower / bath is an accident waiting to happen the bath is very slippery and no hand/grab rails insight , the bed was terrible every movement and you could hear the springs the only thing this hotel had over Travelodge was an hair dryer , not really worth the £38 per night more than the Travelodge but unfortunately there was no Travelodge in Elgin and the prices in the Brewers Fair next door were a bit too much although the food was ok

Room Tip: unfortunately as I said before this is the only " budget " hotel in the area
1  Thank 26bigjohn
AndyElgin, Manager at Premier Inn Elgin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear 26bigjohn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Premier Inn, Elgin.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not find your stay was value for the money you spent. We do have our best deals available online at our website, www.premierinn.com , and the further you book in advance the cheaper the rates will be.
Our baths are coated in an anti-slip coating, but in the event that a guest does find the baths rather slippy we do offer bathmats behind the reception desk for guests who wish to use them. If you stay with us in the future, you can give us a call with your reservation number and we can place a bath mat into your bathroom before you arrive.

If you wish to discuss your feedback further please do not hesitate to email us on elgin.pi@premerinn.com or give us a call on 01343 610759.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was my first visit to this particular Premier Inn, having stayed at many throughout the country over the years. Initially I found everything to be equally as good as any of the other Inns I have visited. The reception staff were very efficient, the room was large, clean and comfortable and the bed gave a good nights sleep. The shower facilities were also very good. I agree with another contributor that the seagulls can be very noisy but I've experienced that when staying in similar locations close to the sea so can't hold that against Premier Inn. I found the restaurant to be excellent for both evening dinner and breakfast, in fact my dinner was so delicious I passed on my comments to my waiter. However, and here's the 'but', I was rather surprised that a highway maintenance gang were not only allowed to book into the hotel still wearing their work clothes but were served for dinner in the restaurant still unsuitably dressed and, the following morning at breakfast, were still dressed ready for work in badly soiled hi-viz trousers and vests. Moreover, it was obvious that at least one of them had not made use of any of the bathroom facilities judging from the bad odour. I realise that Premier Inns are for the use of business people as well as tourists but surely a line should be drawn; after all, someone else would be sleeping the following night on the beds that were used by those men and someone in clean clothes would be sitting on those same dining chairs after they had left. My one and only complaint in many years of Premier Inn experience but one, I feel, is justified.

Room Tip: I found my room to be perfect for me, a solo traveller, and accepted the noise from the seagulls. I...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
AndyElgin, Manager at Premier Inn Elgin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear 2800trucker,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at the Premier Inn, Elgin.

I am very happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable; I have passed on your kind comments to both the reception and houskeeping staff, and also the Brewers Fayre management so they can pass on your kind comments to their team members also.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that it is inappropriate for other guests to wear their workgear whilst in and around the hotel, but we do not discriminate against anyone who wishes to stay at our hotel. Our linen in our rooms are changed after every guests' stay, and furnishings in the restaurant are cleaned down on a regular basis.

If you wish to discuss your feedback further please don't hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and found it ok , however on this occasion I was disappointed
My room was 127 , it had been a hot day and I left the window open for a long as I could ,retired for the night , but the noise from the traffic and seagulls was just keeping me awake . I closed the window and to be honest there was not a great deal of difference , I woke up several times in the night and early morning.
The glazing in the windows is just not adequate enough .
I checked out in the morning , gave in my key card and the guy on reception never even asked if everything was ok.
Dinner , I ordered Pate with white toast , one side of the bread was toasted to perfection , but the other side was burnt and this was facing downwards , as if I wouldn't notice.
Sausage and mash looked great , but when I started to eat , it was just lukewarm , I had waited a while for my meal and was that hungry I just got on and finished it.
I was just on my last sausage when asked if everything was ok , I just said yes , no point complaining when it was almost finished. Pity , it was really tasty.
Profiteroles were great , no problems
No problems with breakfast.
Would I stay again ? I visit Elgin twice a year for my work , if I did stay again , I would want a room away from the main road .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
AndyElgin, Manager at Premier Inn Elgin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Dave E,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us at Premier Inn, Elgin.

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy a great nights' sleep - it's always our intention to make sure our guests have a great nights' sleep and I apologise that we have failed to do so on this occasion.
The seagulls have been an issue every summer in Elgin and the surrounding local area, and we do try our best to keep them at bay by making sure outside bins are emptied and litter-picking regulary in our car park. We also are in line for an upgrade to our windows as the road noise can be an issue if it's very busy and we want to ensure all of our guests enjoy a great nights' sleep in our comfy beds.

I apologise that the Brewers Fayre dinner service was disappointing; I have passed on your feedback to the management team for the restaurant who will take action to ensure that this doesn't happen in the future.

If you wish to discuss your feedback please do not hesitate to contact us at the hotel, and I hope to welcome you back to Elgin in the future.

Andy - Premier inn Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here twice last week and the rooms are excellent, a fan in all rooms is a great idea. Beds are comfy and great sized rooms. Very clean and staff are very friendly, the pub next door is great and has wonderful food and service would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear loganork,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review of our hotel - it is always our intentions to meet and exceed guest expectations and I'm very happy to hear you had a great time.

We have recently purchased fans for all of our rooms to try and keep the temperature in the rooms cool to make sure everyone gets a great nights' sleep, and the new Hypnos King-Size Pocket-Sprung mattresses you enjoyed during your stay are to be rolled out across all the Premier Inn hotels over the next year; so I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Your kind comments have been passed on to the team, and we wish to welcome you back to Elgin in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here one night with family en route across Scotland. Booking in advance was really easy and everything was in order when we arrived. Good comfy rooms with plenty of space - everything was very clean and the staff were excellent. The site and the exterior of the building look pretty grim when you turn up but don't let that put you off. Very handy for some lovely sights, coast etc.

Dear Mum W,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us at Elgin; we love to hear from our guests and I'm very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay!

We are very lucky to be situated within the half-way point between Inverness and Aberdeen, as it creates ample opportunity to explore the surrounding Highlands, Moray and Grampian areas.

Our exterior to the hotel has recently undergone some landscaping - we have planted new trees and shrubbery to replace the ones that had to be pulled out to make way for the extension. When they start to grow and bloom we hope it will look as wonderful as we think it will!

I have passed on your lovely comments to our team members, and we hope to be able to welcome you back to Elgin in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

As a family of 6 we regularly use Premier Inns and are usually really pleased with the reliable standards, helpful staff and good value breakfasts. Unfortunately, we were disappointed with the Elgin hotel.
Usual policy in other Premier Inns is to give families such as ours booking 2 rooms close together. We arrived late in the evening to find we had been allocated 1 room in the old part of the hotel and 1 in the new (both family rooms). When I questioned this, I was told that it is not policy to allocate rooms together! Why not? Surely it would seem obvious.......
Breakfast was a disaster. The few staff were struggling to cope. We arrived at breakfast before 10 am, waited 45 minutes for staff to take our order (and only then after asking twice!) and by the time our food arrived it was past 11 am and everything else had been packed away. We had to ask for glasses, butter, bread..... Whilst questioning the room allocation I also mentioned the breakfast. With bad grace, and only after trying to persuade me that breakfast had nothing to do with the hotel, the young woman on Reception offered me a refund for breakfast.

Room Tip: New rooms well fitted, but older rooms still fine and bigger!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah C

Dear Sarah C,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Premier Inn, Elgin.

I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us; it's always our intention to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay and a great nights' sleep.

For room allocations, we do try our very best to ensure family rooms are closer together but unfortunately it cannot always be guaranteed. To avoid disappointment when checking into a Premier Inn in the future, please call the hotel directly once you have made your reservation to request that the rooms be allocated as close as possible, and we will be more than happy to help.

I apologise that the breakfast service during your stay was disappointing; your feedback has been passed on to the Brewers Fayre management team so they can ensure that the service for breakfast will improve.

If you wish to discuss your feedback please do not hesitate to contact us, and again I apolgise that we did not offer the high standard that we operate on at Premier Inn.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Elgin in the future.

Andy - Premier Inn Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
Laichmoray Hotel
#2 of 2 in Lossiemouth
Newton Muthu Hotel
Newton Muthu Hotel
#2 of 9 in Nairn

Been to Premier Inn Elgin Hotel? Share your experiences!