Lowest prices for your stay
PremierInn.com
£49
Lol.travel
Trip.com
elspethm63
Fife, United Kingdom

Premier Inn

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Jul 2021
The Inn was what I required for my visit. However the first morning I had booked breakfast. I was a total of 90 mins from entering to leaving the restaurant. There was an obvious shortage of staff.I waited 20 mins to order, 20 mins later drinks and toast arrived, the bread had only been warmed not toasted, so I asked for it to be replaced which it was. 20 mins later the breakfast arrived by which time the tea and toast was cold. Not good timing at all, I must say the staff worked hard but only 2 staff was apauling. The 2nd morning I arrived at the restaurant with hope, but as I hadn’t booked I couldn’t get a table for 45 mins, I left and didn’t return, the rest of my stay I chose to have breakfast elsewhere. I might add the staff on the first morning worked very hard, to me this was a management issue. I will not attempt to have breakfast there on my next visit.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
Vio.com
  • ZenHotels.com
4.7 miles from Premier Inn Elgin
View more hotels in Elgin
All reviews brewers fayre restaurant next door night's sleep the main road busy road reception staff plenty of parking pleasant stay would stay again comfortable bed stayed here for nights warm welcome excellent value for money tea and coffee town centre inns mcdonalds
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2021

I have stayed 5 times at this hotel and mostly has been a great experience except this time.
I was allocated room 11 on the ground floor which was very noisy with no sound proofing and was disturbed with general noise at either side and above and people walking past your bedroom window as a shortcut thru the grass area.

This room was also in a poor decorative and poorly maintained state.

I have stayed over 30 times at premier Inn hotels and by far this has been the worst stay for 3 nights.

Definitely not the usual premium Inn standards in that part / room in the Elgin hotel.

1  Thank D5102AQdavidm
Reviewed 18 July 2021

Welcoming staff, clean room, comfy bed but unfortunately to hot. Room without air conditioning especially during the night impossible to sleep.
Good access to the restaurant, plenty of parking spaces.

Reviewed 17 July 2021

I stayed at this hotel in late December 2019, departing New Year's Eve, early morning. I was so comfortable in the hotel. The breakfast was hot, and the staff were really friendly given my absurdly late arrival time of midnight. (I had driven all the way from Oxford)

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 15 July 2021

Have often stayed at this Premier Inn and it always been a good experience. The refurbished rooms are very good. Staff are efficient and friendly too.

Restaurant is ok, suited well for families, could do with a refurbishment and menu is not fantastic. Meal deal is good value and, for a mid week meal, its fine. To have to stand in line to order food is a bit naff however maybe that's changed just now in current times.

The prices for staying here do vary considerably and I see the cost of a room that I might have booked for next week sitting at £176 per night. You have to add breakfast to that, and your meals, so you are adding another £50/£60 to that at least.

I can imagine on a day like today the rooms will be like ovens as they have no AC either. They need to spend a bit more money on this hotel !

I totally accept that prices are higher when the hotel is busy however they are rather milking that argument. If it had been £125 I would go for it but will look for other options now.

I do question the ethics of a firm that is quite happy to charge that kind of money for a room in a hotel which prides itself on being good value for money.

There is surely an acceptable range of prices and a point beyond which it is unacceptable and unscrupulous to charge exorbitant rates.

It certainly makes me re-consider using Premier Inn for business or leisure travel.

Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2021

Second time staying here and it was just as good as the first, room and bathroom immaculate couldn't find fault. Great nights sleep and staff very friendly and helpful, if you needed towels etc you just had to ask at reception which was fine due to covid restrictions, we are booking very soon for next year.