PremierInn.com
ajhubbard2021
Woodbridge, United Kingdom

Great location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Aug 2021
Great location to where we needed to be. Not far from the beach too. Check in and out very smooth. Bed comfy and bathroom really clean and new too. Recommend this hotel. Only down side is that it's not look great from the outside or on the adverts to the hotel either.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.7 miles from Premier Inn Elgin
    £121
1.4 miles from Premier Inn Elgin
View more hotels in Elgin
All reviews brewers fayre restaurant next door night's sleep the main road busy road reception staff plenty of parking pleasant stay would stay again comfortable bed stayed here for nights warm welcome excellent value for money tea and coffee town centre inns mcdonalds
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

Stayed last night in one of the new premier plus rooms. Really good room. Great bed, shower, WiFi. Room as good as much more expensive hotels. The refurbishment has really added to the hotel. As ever the chain has got it right for the business traveler.

Room tip: Ample parking and a short walk into city.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank davidmV2465JP
Reviewed 28 July 2021

Reception area tired and uninviting. Room was like an oven with no air getting in from open window. Seagulls made a racket all night - almost no sleep because of the noise and heat. TV kept asking for password. WiFi asks for registration - why? Smell in bathroom. Restaurant closed at 21:00 (website said 22:30pm). So in all, a poor experience. They can add purple strip lights to make the rooms more trendy but they have to do more than that to give quality customer experience.

Room tip: Don't bother with higher priced rooms. Not worth it.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2021

The room i was in was on the 2nd floor the window opened around 40mm the temperature in the room was 25.5 C when I arrived ,I had a look at the printed instructions which said press the down button so I set the temp to 19 .Then I spotted the instruction saying it cant cool the room. eventually after a few days the room got to 28 degrees I thought it was one of those things until i went onto the first floor it was fine not too warm at all. When i said it was too hot in my room at the reception all I got was a shrug of the shoulders. On checking out i said it was terrible and was told that it physics ,hot air rises and next time I should let them know and i will get a lower floor room.The room was always at least 10 degrees hotter than out side ,i had the door wedged open and the fan in the door but the windows didn't open enough to allow fresh air in. Apart from the heat we are in a world wide pandemic having the windows open is possibly the safest thing to do in a building with dozens of people crammed in with COVID19 still a risk to us all. The staff are aware of the conditions but obviously cant do anything about the structure of the building, however its only around 2-3 years old so its just a really poorly designed and constructed building.
To add insult to injury the noise from seagulls woke me often as i had to keep the window open ,the only thing coming in the window was the noise from the gulls. Its difficult to say how much sleep i did get but i doubt if I got 2 consecutive hours all week. the gulls are happy enough feeding on the scraps left by people eating outside and pulling rubbish from the bins.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2021

The Inn was what I required for my visit. However the first morning I had booked breakfast. I was a total of 90 mins from entering to leaving the restaurant. There was an obvious shortage of staff.I waited 20 mins to order, 20 mins later drinks and toast arrived, the bread had only been warmed not toasted, so I asked for it to be replaced which it was. 20 mins later the breakfast arrived by which time the tea and toast was cold. Not good timing at all, I must say the staff worked hard but only 2 staff was apauling. The 2nd morning I arrived at the restaurant with hope, but as I hadn’t booked I couldn’t get a table for 45 mins, I left and didn’t return, the rest of my stay I chose to have breakfast elsewhere. I might add the staff on the first morning worked very hard, to me this was a management issue. I will not attempt to have breakfast there on my next visit.

Reviewed 20 July 2021

I have stayed 5 times at this hotel and mostly has been a great experience except this time.
I was allocated room 11 on the ground floor which was very noisy with no sound proofing and was disturbed with general noise at either side and above and people walking past your bedroom window as a shortcut thru the grass area.

This room was also in a poor decorative and poorly maintained state.

I have stayed over 30 times at premier Inn hotels and by far this has been the worst stay for 3 nights.

Definitely not the usual premium Inn standards in that part / room in the Elgin hotel.

1  Thank D5102AQdavidm