PremierInn.com
Algotels
Trip.com
CuzWill2024
Keith, United Kingdom
Premier Inn without an Evening Meal!
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Feb 2024
My first stay at a Premier Inn. Unfortunate! Good room. Freeview TV but no teletext. Clean bathroom with shower only. No problems for me! Quiet and undisturbed sleep possible. Limited supply of coffee etc but supplies available at reception. My cousins were provided with Jaffa cakes and Border biscuits; I was not. So discrimination exists at this establishment. Friendly and upbeat staff at Reception. I’m mourning the death of my cousin age 58 years in 2023 so happy receptionists have their place. Fantastic breakfasts at Brewers Fayre - as expected. Thanks to all staff. But no evening meals! My 3rd cousin received am email alert but I did not. Why? And I paid extra for “flexibility”. Something wrong here! Dined elsewhere in Elgin but patronised Brewers Fayre for drinks in the evening. They stuck to their normal hours. Bad show! Tongue in cheek - they won’t be paid that much but shareholders in the holding company will maximise their take no doubt.
0.8 miles from Premier Inn Elgin
  • Algotels
1.4 miles from Premier Inn Elgin
0.4 miles from Premier Inn Elgin
View more hotels in Elgin
All reviews brewers fayre restaurant next door night's sleep the main road busy road reception staff plenty of parking pleasant stay would stay again comfortable bed stayed here for nights warm welcome excellent value for money tea and coffee town centre inns mcdonalds
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2024

AM Receptionist had an awful attitude, no gas in restaurant and tv broken.

Was stuck for 4 hours in the restaurant unable to eat, wash or rest whilst waiting for check in at 3pm as refused early check in after travelling 12 hours through the night with children, very unhelpful and unsympathetic receptionist.
I completely understand the ‘subject to availability’ T&C of the early check in, but to be point blank refused to step foot in the hotel until 3pm with no attempt to accommodate because I quote ‘management said no one is allowed an early check in under any circumstances’
-Not the case from the PM staff who were left to deal with tired and annoyed guests.

Hotel was clean, rooms were nice and bed was comfy- standard for PI.
Afternoon staff were more accommodating, however no acknowledgment was made by any throughout the whole weekend we were there. A good morning, how are you? Or have a nice day really does go a long way, especially after the on going problems through out the weekend.

Breakfast was limited, understandably from being very busy, I’m still waiting for my hash browns that were being bought over to my table on Saturday morning.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2024

Staff were friendly and really helpful. Room was clean. Lots of noise from kids very early but not the hotels fault. Attached Brewers Fayre was awful. No gas for evening meals but was serving breakfast. This was very poor. Not a lot of options and things like the freshly squeezed orange juice was in fact poor quality orange squash (definitely looked like it). Very busy due to nearby competition but they were very understaffed and not prepared. This is not the first time that this has happened

Date of stay: February 2024
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 February 2024

A great stay up visiting family and friends, lovely comfy room with a wee treat from the team which was a nice surprise. Friendly team, of which nothing was too much trouble, will definitely be booking again when coming back up to visit family

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2024 via mobile

Nice hotel in a decent location. Room was spot on for the night I was staying. Well equipped, comfy, clean and tidy. Service at reaction was excellent.
Only let down by being told to go quickly for food in the restaurant next to be told when I got there I was 2 minutes late to order. That’s poor, but not the hotels fault.

Room tip: They stop taking food orders in the restaurant at 8.30pm which is not what you want when you spend all day travelling
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2024

Friendly check in. Staff helpful. Premier plus rooms are good but can be a bit expensive depending on the evening you stay in and if flexibility needed. Its a bit cheeky to charge £10 for earlier check in but you have a choice. Sometimes it is handy to be able to get into a place a couple of hours early without issues. Some seem to expect early check as a right and it's not good to take their anger out on staff.

Bed very comfortable. Coffee machine and fridge is great to have.

Paid WiFi needs improvement. 5mb at best is not really Ultimate speed.

Food next door is inexpensive but the place could do with upgrading and the menu changing. Breakfast was ok but would prefer they returned to freshly cooked instead of buffet.

Date of stay: January 2024