“Relaxing and enjoyable”

The Mansefield Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Elgin
Reviewed 15 October 2013

An invitation to a dinner and christening resulted in us staying at this hotel for the weekend. A long time since we stayed but what a truly lovely stay! A lovely room (shower could be a little better) but that was the only minor fault. One thing about this hotel is that they serve you breakfast and it is hot. A nice buffet for cereals, juice etc but their full Scottish Breakfast was delicious along with hot toast and lovely coffee.
A lovely stay - thank you :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 314 this time on the top floor - no problems with it! All amenities including iro...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The hotel is pleasant enough although rooms rather dated they were clean. The hotel was let down by the uncaring attitude of the management who gave the impression that business guests were not really welcome at the weekend. We eat in the Mezzo bistro one night which was enjoyable but didn't really expect the same menu as last year! The second night we ate in the hotel restaurant, other guests were serviced with appetisers while waiting for their meal we selected our meal from the same menu and charged the same price! Having stayed at this hotel on various business occasions I shall be looking elsewhere for accommodation in the future.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at the Mansfield Hotel this week and forgot my phone charger. When I rang to ask them about sending it to me they said it would cost £25. The incredulation in my voice must have been detected as the receptionist went on to explain that it cost this much to cover the time it takes to send it and the trip to the post office. I rang back the next morning hoping to talk to someone else and confirm the price. The receptionist said she would inform the manager and the manager would ring me. No one rang. So huge black marks to this hotel for very poor customer service. The maximum cost of sending a phone charger within Scotland is £5. As the hotel is within the town centre then the trip to the post office would be no more than ten minutes and I would also presume that my little envelope would not be the only thing a hotel would have to post. The average hotel worker earns less than £10 an hour so I have no idea where the £25 admin charge comes from. I have left things in hotels before throughout the world and in each case things have been send free of charge. If you want customers to return to your hotel, that's what you do! Needless to say, I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank yokofiona2010
Reviewed 28 August 2013

What a wonderful stay. We had our Wedding respection here and were treated like Royalty, Ross, the owner couldn't do enough for us. The suite we choose was spacious and oozed charm and opulence. The Mezzo restaurant/bistro is now our favourite place to eat in Elgin, with a wide choice menu and wine. The wife loves her cocktails which they specialise in, too. The only small down side is that it overlooks a busy roundabout, but if the wine is flowing and conversations high who cares. Can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We eat in the MEZZO restaurant regularly (my wife loves the cocktails!) as well as the restaurant within the hotel. Both are great with a very good selection of food and wine. The bar in the hotel is great as well, very relaxing and a great selection of whiskeys, if your into that kinda thing. The rooms themselves were excellent when we booked our friends and family in. Spacious, well appointed and cool. A surprise considering Elgin is not exactly large.
Overall I would recommend the Mansfield to anyone and having visited there many times I am very surprised at its comparatively low rating on Trip-advisor.

Room Tip: Fantastic place for a large party or celebration. We had our youngest boys christening here and ever...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

There are very few good hotels in Elgin - this is one of them. Friendly service with modern and spacious rooms in the extension. However, you might need a little help with your luggage since there is no lift. The hotel is located just off the city centre and has a huge car park. The restaurant is good and so is the Mezzo lounge bar restaurant next door - quite handy when it is raining. The free wi-fi is a bonus.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The restaurant offers superb service and excellent food in a beautiful restaurant. It is ideal for couples and I have had many lovely meals here. It always feels like a special occasion. However, I went once for Christmas dinner and would never do that again. They were unable to cater for large numbers at one time. The vegetables were not served until people had nearly finished what was on their plates. We were not served at the same time. The food was luke warm. There was not enough staff so no-one could get drinks served when the wanted. The seating was very cramped and so unsatisfactory that one couple left before the meal. Additionally we had to pay for the meal in full, three months in advance! Never again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AMariaK25
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
Mansion House
#7 of 7 in Elgin
Sunninghill Hotel
Sunninghill Hotel
#5 of 7 in Elgin

Been to The Mansefield Hotel? Share your experiences!