“Most uncomfortable ”

The Mansefield Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Elgin
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed over night at the Mansefield and I must say it was the worst sleep I have ever had. Lack of air conditioning in the room meant it was like a Furness and the bed was so uncomfortable I chose to sleep on top of the quilt on the floor.

However, breakfast was served earlier for us in the morning which was appreciated as we had to leave earlier, and the waiter was very friendly.

Unfortunately I would choose not to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank VMackay91

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Ross, Connie and staff provide a first class service in all aspects of this excellent hotel.
From the initial booking of our daughter's wedding reception , they were extremely helpful , supportive and gave much appreciated advice throughout. The management and staff all went the extra mile to ensure we had a fantastic day. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel for excellent food, first class service, high standard accommodation, cleanliness of facilities and general ambience of the hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at the Mansefield at the end of June for five nights for a training course. The hotel itself is perfectly situated in Elgin and has plenty of local amenities nearby to suit everybody. The staff at the hotel are friendly and polite and more than willing to help. I highly rate them.
I stayed in the Clark Suite (which initially was a nice surprise). The room itself was lovely; perfectly comfy bed, nice sitting area, a rowing machine (?) and an upstairs area with a big screen and projector. I didn't make use of the projector as I didn't have any dvd's with me to watch. It would be great if it was plugged into the TV aerial so you could watch tennis. football,etc. My only bugbear with the room was the blinds. There were at least nine windows in the room and each of them had a blind in between two window. Therefore every night I had to open the inner windows to shut each of the binds individually. Not very practical. The blinds themselves are a bit of a waste of time in high summer in northern scotland where the sun sets late and gets up early. They don't exactly block out much light so as soon asthe sun was up so was I. It made for a very tiring week that could easily be solved by hanging some curtains.

In terms of the other facilities at the hotel. Breakfast was lovely and again served by friendly staff. The conference area, where we had our training sessions, is a bit dated, but we were kept well plied with coffee, tea and biscuits.

Overall it was a pleasant stay which would've been made much better if there had been curtains.

Room Tip: If you like a dark room, don't stay in the Clark Suite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We did not stay at this hotel but did walk there one evening for dinner. The meal was well done, the staff were helpful and the cost was reasonable. Their selection of whiskeys was very good as well. I would recommend this place for dinner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding at The Mansefield hotel in February of this year and it couldn't of been a more perfect day.

From planning to the big day and even afterwards the staff couldn't of been kinder and more attentive. Every little request was carried out exactly how I wanted (even better infact) and nothing I asked was ever a problem.

Ross made sure that everything on the day went without a glitch, and even upgrade our parents into the suites, even though the grooms parents were staying for 4 nights.

Our day was so relaxed and all our guests commented on how wonderful a day it was, from the hotel to the staff and food.

I would recommend everybody looking to have their perfect wedding day to pick the Mansefield.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Shoukd have realised there was a problem on checking in as receptionist was clearly disinterested and fed up. Rooms are well furnished however they were very hot and due to secondary glazing very difficult to get windows open also noise from the function suite is an issue. When trying to have a constructive discussion with the receptionist and Ross on checking out they were exceedingly abrasive and rude. Very disappointing end to a wonderful weekend with friends.

Room Tip: Make sure you are positioned as far away from function room if staying over a weekend
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank scanne
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stay in this hotel for a business trip of 1 week.....everything was ok: the staff, the food and also the counter of the bar was very well equipped with all the kind of scottish whisky :-) Good the cleaning of the room, toilet and living room. If you will be there I suggest to make a trip till the north coast (Burghead, Hopeman, Lossiemouth)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
Mansion House
#7 of 7 in Elgin
Sunninghill Hotel
Sunninghill Hotel
#5 of 7 in Elgin

Been to The Mansefield Hotel? Share your experiences!