“Heaven in Elgin !”

The Drouthy Cobbler
Ranked #8 of 39 things to do in Elgin
More attraction details
Owner description: A small cafe-bar found up a historic close in the heart of Elgin. We stock more than 130 single malt whiskies as well as local beers and great coffee and tea. The wifi is fast and free and we provide indoor & outdoor seating and helpful, friendly service.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Not being a lager drinker I have found that not many pubs sell a decent beer. Problem solved ! Just popped into the recently refurbished Drouthy Cobbler. Surprised, you bet!. Real ales and a wide range of locally produced beers and spirits. If you like yer malts ( as I do ) you will find a wide range of them in here. Tried a few today, and I'm glad I took the bus and not the car ! Honestly, you will love the variety stocked behind the bar. Staff are so knowledgeable and helpful if you can't tell yer drams fae yer elbows. Highly recommended. Alan ( Lossiemouth)

There are newer reviews for The Drouthy Cobbler

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Drouthy Cobbler is a very warm and welcoming pub. Not many pubs of this caliber about. Well worth a visit.
Their coffee is also the best in the area.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great service, friendly staff, family friendly and a good selection of wines and spirits. Serve good tea/coffee and home bakes. Could add to the score with gf choices.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A nice place for a afternoon tea/coffee and a cake, even better place to have a local beer. The wife loves the Elderflower Gin they sell.

1  Thank Jimbob54321
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Went in for a couple of pints with my cousin from Livrrpool. Weegie accent, scouse accent....a wee bit to down-market for this lot, cold welcome, refused to engage, some beardy manager type avoided all eye contact at all times, really off-putting. I think they have a clearly defined 'type' of customer. Alright not wanting riff-raff...hope they have enough middle-class punters to fawn over...nice looking place too... Shame !!

TheDrouthyCobbler, Owner at The Drouthy Cobbler, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hi, Thank you for your comments. I'm really sorry that you got that impression that you did - most definitely not our intention. We aim to create an environment where everybody can feel welcome and we have obviously failed badly on this occasion. I can only apologise and promise that we take your comment seriously and will try harder. Thank you.