“Superb Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
'The Bothy' - peace and quiet
The original 'Wester Marchhead' built circa 1800 Main room - so cosy!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The original 'Wester Marchhead' built circa 1800
Main room - so cosy!
The view from The Bothy garden looking North
Lossiemouth West Beach - not another soul in sight!
Spring Rhododendron
Kitchenette
The bathroom
With shower
View from kitchenette into main room
The Bothy's stunning view of the Mosstowie Valley
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

gabika88
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Superb Stay”
Reviewed 11 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Very pleasant,quiet,clean,all we need was there for Us.Whoever comes To the Bothy,I can tell is worth it!!! Thank U

1 Mar 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write a review - we are delighted to hear that everything was okay for you both! Kindest regards Fiona
Alice R
“Splendid isolation”
Reviewed 11 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

An ideal little retreat to explore the Highlands. This is perfect for 1-2 people and has everything you would need. We were a bit concerned that the bothy being in someones garden would mean that we would have limited privacy, however, this was not the case and we were not even aware of the owners being there! Amazing countryside and we woke up to a pheasant roaming about in the garden one morning. Extremely quiet and restful, perfect for contemplation. We know the area and knew how things would be but if you're unfamiliar with the place then you need to know that you won't just be nipping down the street to the shops if you run out of milk! A car is really needed to explore the wider area anyway as theres lots to see.

Foodie50X...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
Reviewed 18 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Well worth the find. Compact and bijou, The Bothy has everything you'll need to have a relaxing holiday away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We had a wonderful week based here while we toured the Moray Coast and even got as far as Helmsdale.

Very comfortable bed, lovely views and very secluded. The shower room was okay but the only negative I'd say about the whole place is I'd have liked our towels changed mid-week.

Unfortunately the weather wasn't great but we were delighted to have somewhere snug and cosy to return to after our days out exploring. We even cooked a couple of times using the combi, something I wasn't looking forward to but it was fine.

I would definitely return and as much as I love Glasgow I so enjoyed the peace and quiet here.

Your age range 50-64
Rebecca T
“Quaint little pet friendly bothy”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Sitting in gorgeous countryside but close to Elgin so was perfect for us. The bothy sits at the bottom of the owners huge garden but it is private and we didn't hear any noise from the owners. Perfect communication from Fiona and most importantly my dogs were allowed to stay!

1 Oct 2017
Thank you for leaving a lovely review for my future guests to read particularly as guests may be concerned that The Bothy is situated in my garden, so for them to read that it is quiet and very private will be very reassuring for them. As I say to all my guests, 'we won't disturb you but if you need me, then you know where I am'! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back. Kindest regards Fiona
Stephen W
“Great place, great location”
Reviewed 28 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This is an ideal venue for 2 people looking for peace and tranquility but not too far from amenities. The Bothy has all you need for a lovely holiday and is very cosy. There are plenty of attractions within a short drive, but if beaches is your thing Roseisle is fantastic. A beautiful sandy beach with forest walks behind provides a good mix of scenery. If forest walks are your thing, then don't drive. Walk for 5 mins down the road and you have a forest on your doorstep. We walked halfway into it and back and did 8 miles so no excuses for it not being big enough. The Bothy is a great place, in a great location, with fabulous hosts.

1 Oct 2017
I am always so thrilled when my guests take the trouble to write a review - and what a lovely review, thank you! I am delighted that you both enjoyed your break with us and I hope that we will see you both again soon. Thank you also for giving our future guests a 'taste' of what is on our doorstep as it makes a difference when they are planning their holidays to know what's on offer locally. Thank you again, kindest regards Fiona
Robbie C
“Small but perfectly formed!”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

delightful location for peace and quiet. Close to town for shops but far enough away to be in the middle of nowhere in perfect tranquility. We only booked for a couple of nights but will definitely be back to enjoy a longer stay shortly.
Short trip to several beaches- Lossie, Findhorn or Nairn(Culben Sands) offering miles of clean open sandy beaches and clear water. Lots of fishing opportunities - both river and sea. An area steeped in history - sites all well sign posted. Culben Forest walks hold many interesting features. Hosts close at hand for any assistance required but never intrusive. Well equipped both inside and outside(BBQ and outdoor table and chairs)

1 Oct 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay with us - we are delighted that you enjoyed it enough to consider returning and we look forward to welcoming you both back again! Thank you also for giving our future guests an idea of what is on offer locally. Hopefully see you again soon. Kindest regards Fiona
Reviewed 18 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

3 Aug 2017
I am always so grateful to my guests for taking the time and trouble to write a review so that future guests are able to get a 'feel' for The Bothy and I'm so pleased that you found it a peaceful haven after a busy day. I hope that the rest of your trip goes well and if you ever find yourselves in our area again, please come and see us! Kindest regards, Fiona
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing