“A wonderful vintage style tea room with homebakes you can see the staff prepare.”
Review of The Ditsy Teacup

The Ditsy Teacup
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Elgin
Description: The Ditsy Teacup is a unique and beautiful tearoom, we have over 30 flavours of scones which we make 12 different flavours a day fresh every morning, we also have our stunning rainbow cake which is a show stopper. All our ingredients are fresh, we make soup every morning and serve breakfasts and lunches through out the day.
Reviewed 20 January 2015 via mobile

I have to say this a is wonderful tearoom with its shabby chic furniture and friendly staff. Certainly not pretentious but incredibly welcoming.
Best of all you can see the girls prepare your food and bake everything in front of you. Alway great cakes and I visited many times over Christmas for the lovely mince pies and scones. In my opinion the best in Moray.
Which is why the previous comments from the Australian family is very strange, perhaps they don't have the same taste as us bits...who knows anyway I would highly recommend this fabulous little tea room.

4  Thank coragirl

Reviewed 4 January 2015

I had the bad idea to take my hubby and family for a coffee and something to go with it.
We asked if I could have a very small latte with very little milk because I cant drink too much of it (and explained to the very un listening waitress too) but hey way asking when it will not be given, a huge cup full of milk was landed in front of me with a mince pie that was "home made" and the amount of sugar in it was revolting. My hubby asked for a macchiato and he got the same as me, my stepson ask for a coke and came really flat and his fiancée got a brownie that was so hard even she could not eat it. The place is very over priced and unfriendly, nobody asked us if there was something wrong with the order.

7  Thank cristina62318
Reviewed 12 December 2014

This is a lovely little place to eat. it is clean charming and friendly with excellent food and service we found a great pleasure to eat here.

Reviewed 14 November 2014

I have visited The Ditsy Teacup a few times now and I am never disappointed. The sandwiches are delicious, as are the cakes. There is a wide variety of teas to choose from and the service is second to none. All the ladies there are very friendly and will bend over backwards to make sure you enjoy your visit. I will be back many more times.

Reviewed 3 October 2014 via mobile

Was in with a friend last week and it was lovely. We only had tea but the atmosphere was lovely, we had good banter with the staff and we bought some of their delicious cakes to take home. We went back this week taking other friends but this time for lunch and we were very disappointed. Firstly I ordered a baked tattie, there was none. I then ordered soup but again there was none, however they did offer to take some from freezer!! I then just ordered a cup of tea and the cup was dirty, it was just snatched back with no apology. My friends ordered sandwiches on brown bread, they arrived on seeded bread and with no butter, only after they went out to buy the bread. The atmosphere this time had changed too, it wasn't nice. Great for a cuppa and a cake but not for lunch. Such a shame as was great first time we visited.

11  Thank Suzanne M