“Excellent Guest House”

Ranked #5 of 22 Elgin B&B and Inns
Idaho
“Excellent Guest House”
Reviewed 20 May 2008

Wonderful place, and Wendy was very nice! Our room was just beautiful (ensuite) and we had everything we could need or want.

Breakfast was wonderful. It is a short walk in to town, and we ate at an Italian place (sorry don't remember the name)

Would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — The Hostess!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London
Reviewed 18 March 2008

I stayed at this B&B for one night recently. If I am honest then I have to say I was pleased it was for only one night.
This was down to nothing else other than the bed! The bed has to be the most creaky bed I have ever slept in! Had I been staying for more than one night I would have definitely asked if there was another room available but unfortuately I did not realise until I went to bed!

Overall the room was ok. The decor is slightly dated but I guess this is in keeping with the style of the building.
Breakfast was the highlight of this stay and quite pleasant.
The owner of the bed and breakfast was friendly and offered us tips on places to go on our trips and the best places to eat in Elgin.

I probably would not consider returning to this B&B purely on the experience with the bed.

Overall this was an average stay but suited our needs for our trip.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — The Bed
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
clemco, Owner at The Pines Guest House, responded to this review, 28 July 2008
We only wish that the guest had made us aware of this issue. Shortly after their stay the problem was raised by another guest. We did find a fault with the bed and it was immediatley replaced. We make a point of staying in all our rooms at least once a year, but we still hope that our guests will inform us if something is not as expected.