The Pines Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lossiemouth House(Lossiemouth)
Stotfield Hotel(Lossiemouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsfour poster bedb bstay there againfresh fruitbreakfast was excellentlovely guesthouseburger kingclose to townmin walknice roomlovely weekendhigh streetelgin areavisiting elgintea and coffeehigh standardvines
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2013

An old substantial Victorian house on the edge of Elgin, conveniently placed for access into the town. On the main road but set back enough to give a quiet nights sleep in an excellent bed. The only down side for us was not being able to get in until 5.30 pm

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I have been coming to Elgin for work for the past 3 years and I stay at The Pines and I love coming here! The building is a beautiful old house with kitsch, plush furnishings. My favourite thing about The Pines are definitely the beds! I have stayed in most rooms and all the beds are insanely comfortable! The rooms are all en suite with ample storage space and a very handy kettle in the room. The rooms are cleaned to a high standard with tea/coffee/hot chocolate/biscuit supply replenished daily. The Pines offers great breakfast selection, from fresh fruit, cereals to a range of cooked breakfast options-a great start to the day!
The host Chas has great local knowledge and is very friendly and accommodating. He lets long term guests use the kitchen and laundry facilities, and even lets me store my work gear here when I'm not here!
The Pines is in the perfect location, just a 10 minute walk to the centre of town and if you are driving, it is directly beside the main road into and out of Elgin. There is a lovely park just a 5 minute walk from the BnB; room 1 has a view of the old cathedral.
I can't recommend this place more, I travel a lot for work but this is for sure my favourite place to stay. The only problem may be that you might not want to leave your cosy room to explore the area!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ciara D
Reviewed 2 December 2012

This was our second stay at the Pines but it won't be our last. A beautiful old Victorian house, sympathetically furnished and immaculate, it is my idea of comfort on a budget. The owner is friendly but not over familiar, extremely helpful and mindful of all guests needs. The rooms are very comfortable and clean with en suites complete with toiletries. The breakfast is delicious and nothing seeming to be too much trouble. We have spent more money on a budget inn for room only in the past, so this guest house really is value for money. I just hope the next time I phone to book, I'll be able to get a room!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stanliz
Reviewed 24 November 2012

My wife and I first stayed here in July 2005 when moving house. This trip on 13 November 2012 was business, and I opted to stay overnight at the Pines. Although ownership has changed, the high standards have not. Six very comfortable rooms, quiet & peaceful, just what is needed after 4 hour drive up the A9. My room surprisingly was the same one my wife and I had in 2005, with some nice changes - wall mounted flat screen TV and easy to access free wi-fi. Although the A96 trunk road was visible from the windows it is very quiet and I had a very good night's sleep. Breakfast is prepared to order with a choice of healthy continental type or cooked Scottish meal. Ample car parking & a short drive or walk into Elgin for evening meal at a variety of eateries. At £50 a night (winter rates) including breakfast it is excellent value and I will be back for another visit.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about traffic noise ask for a room away from the main A96 trunk road.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike317
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We were met by the owner's daughter, who was lovely, friendly and helpful. Good size room, good size bed. Warm and comfortable. Bathroom clean and fresh. Our room was at the front of the house, which is situated on a very busy main road, but secondary glazing cut down the noise. Within easy walking distance of town. Breakfast was average, we received a reduced bill as owner had only just arrived back from holiday and breakfast was pared down. Owner also very welcoming. Would probably stay again, would recommend, but not totally wholeheartedly. Fairly pricey for a B and B though.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple