“Good Value, Excellent Service”
Review of Kidron House Hotel

Kidron House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Irvine
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Good Value, Excellent Service”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I booked 4 rooms, for 2 nights, at the Kidron for a family wedding on 22nd Feb, 2014. It is the second time that I have stayed and on both occasions I have been more than happy with the rooms and the service. Rooms are spotless and very comfortable and the staff are more than happy to help and very friendly. The food was great and the bar area very comfortable and we will definitely be visiting again, very soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dawn B
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hi Dawn,it was lovely to have you with us again .We really appreciate the great comments you have posted in your review.We always like to hear of guests enjoying their stay with us.Rooms and restaurant area are all newly done and I am glad they seem to have met your expectations.See you again soon.Best wishes from all at Kidron.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Girvan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here the first night on our way to Tenerife and also when we came back. On both occasions everything was above our expectations and we were made to feel very special. The staff were excellent and we had the opportunity to meet the owners John & Danielle who made us feel right at home. This is an excellent place to stay the food was great, the staff were extremely courteous and helpful and the accommodation was first class. We would certainly consider staying there in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard M
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hi Richard,we really appreciate you have taken time out to give us such positive comments.It was a pleasure to meet you both.We are delighted you found the accommodation and food to be of such a high standard.We always try and make our guests feel as welcome as possible and are pleased you found our staff so friendly.We look forward to your return.Kind regards John
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Me and my girlfriend booked a one night stay in the executive suite after looking around online for a good value stay somewhere that had to have a jacuzzi. This was another hotel mucked up our booking. Let me just say me and my girlfriend are so glad our booking was mucked up elsewhere cause we wouldn't have ended up staying in the kidron. We were both delighted with our stay, the service was friendly and pleasant on arrival and on being shown to our room to our delight the jacuzzi was massive and room was nice and cosy. We cant speak highly enough of our visit and will be booking the executive suite again very soon. Anthony

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank anthony1272727
Hi Antony,thank you for your great review.The executive room is so popular at the moment and our guests seem to love it.Another very popular addition is our new bar and restaurant area.We look forward to seeing you again very soon.Kind regards -The Kidron Team.
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. Room was spotless. A shelf in the on-suite for toiletries is the only negative. Evening meal was good, breakfast was good and staff are competent and friendly. If you are looking for the room with a jacuzzi and sauna BOOK EARLY. It is always busy. Would book again.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your very positive review.We are always pleased to hear such positive feedback.I have noted your comment about a shelf in the bathroom and one has now been added.I have passed on your comments to our chef who is very happy with your comment.We hope to see you both again soon.Best wishes from all at Kidron.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed from 31 Jan to 2 Feb whilst attending a swimming Competition in Stevenston (18 kids and 3 adults) taken 12 of the rooms. My room and the others I seen were very clean and comfortable. The staff at the hotel could not have been more helpful towards us and having to prepare and serve 21 meals at once was not a problem. The food was delicious, fresh and great portions for the healthy appetites of our swimmers, indeed all of us were well fed and rested during our stay.
Thanks to all the team for making this an enjoyable stay

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Laings11c
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Hi Sharon,we really enjoyed having your group stay with us.They were so well behaved and a pleasure to look after.Many thanks for your kind review.We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much and particularly our new restaurant service.We look forward to seeing you again in the future.Best wishes from all at Kidron.
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on the 11/01/14 and I will definitely stay here again. Hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, good portion and well cooked. The only thing was the en suite was quite small but other than that, it was great! The bed was extremely comfortable, did not want to leave it. Also fantastic value for money at £49 for 2 people bed and breakfast. Highly recommend this place.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out to review us.We really appreciate such positive remarks.I have passed on your comments to our chef who was very pleased to hear your feedback.Next time let us know before you arrive and we shall do our best to allocate a room with one of the larger bathrooms.These rooms are always in high demand but we always accommodate where possible.We look forward to seeing you again soon.Best wishes John
United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I booked 2 nights here as I was attending a funeral. I booked via email & all I got was a reservation number (no T & C's).

I had to cancel the day I was due to arrive as over the weekend I hurt my back badly. I informed them straight away & was told there was a 48 hour cancellation policy so they would be taking payment.

I queried this as I was not informed of this when booking, and was told "it says it somewhere on our website".

I can hardly believe the hotel would be fully booked on the 6th Jan so they could not have resold my room anyway.

Another thing that upset me, which nearly made me cancel the room when I first made the booking was the manager's response to me staying to go to a funeral.... in his own words:

"I know but part of life so really need to take it as it comes and sorry to hear about it."

Appalling!!!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank JoanneLeighton5
Dear Miss Leighton,I would like to address some of the points in your review.
1 When booking by email all customers are sent terms and conditions along with the reservation number as I am sure you are aware.
2 Although I understand you are unhappy you were charged let me explain further.Most hotels have a cancellation policy and ours is very clearly stated both in your terms and conditions and also on our booking page on the website.We charged only for the first night since we were given no notice and had no opportunity to resell the room.
3 Regarding the managers words to you.I noted he has never spoken to you personally and I checked his email reply to you which has not got the words you have quoted or indeed any remotely similar.It is a matter of record and I have it in front of me as I am replying to your review,
4 To leave a review on Tripadvisor you must have stayed at the property which is in their terms and conditions.This you have never done.
I feel the fact you were charged is the reason you have left this very unpleasant and untrue review.I also note you were unhappy providing us with valid credit card details when making the reservation which seems unusual to me too.
Although I do not in any way agree with your comments I wish you all the best in your future.Best wishes John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
#4 of 5 in Irvine
The Park Hotel
The Park Hotel
#1 of 4 in Kilmarnock

Been to Kidron House Hotel? Share your experiences!