“After a shaky start”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Irvine
Oldham, United Kingdom
“After a shaky start”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Not pleased to be told on our arrival that one couple would have to move rooms for the second night when we were leaving early the next day and expected to get back late.As it happened,the member of staff booking us in had not realised that there had been a cancellation and so the change of room was avoided.We were treated very well aand to be upgraded to the executive room was a real bonus.Impressed by the cleanliness and quality of the food.Would stay there again if back in that area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Geoffrey L
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Geoffrey,many thanks for your comments.I am so pleased we managed to turn the situation around for you and offer a free upgrade.We do try our best to get it right for all our guests.We look forward to having you with us again.Best wishes from all at Kidron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The reviews and website for this hotel may have heightened my expectations, but I was rather disappointed by the hotel when I arrived. The staff were reasonably friendly but my room was tiny and the bathroom miniscule! I was here for three nights on a business trip but there was no desk or table on which I could work and the WIFI was tempramental to say the least, dropping in and out all evening. I tipped hot chocolate on the duvet cover on night 2 and I was expecting it to be changed, but the chocolate stains were still there when I returned that evening. Otherwise cleanliness was OK.
I also thought that it was ridiculously expensive for what I was getting. I know that I was here during the Commonweath Games, but the room rate in no way reflected the size or quality of the room.
Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Annette C
Dear guest,thank you for taking time out to review us.I am very sorry to hear you did nor fully enjoy your stay with us.I would like to address a couple of the concerns you have raised.
As you have mentioned we are fully booked at the moment with customers for the Commonwealth games.I have checked the room you were allocated and I agree it was a smaller single room.Generally we like to upgrade our singles but being so busy at this time that was not possible.
I must apologize your bed sheet was not changed.The issue will be raised at our weekly staff meeting and I shall get back to you with my findings..Regarding WiFi. I am uncertain what the problem could have been.We had no reports of any problems and we do use it ourselves for bookings and could not find a problem.
As I am sure you are aware hotel prices were more expensive than usual in all hotels in the area during The Games.Our rates were very favorable compared with many of our competitors.
All said we are very sorry your stay was not all you wished for.We trust you will give us another opportunity to remedy the situation.I would be pleased to upgrade your room and to offer a 25% discount on your next stay with us.I trust this meets with your approval and am available at the hotel to assist you in any way possible.Kind regards John
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Really pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, staff went out of their way to be helpful and the room was light and very clean. Real plus points were the free view TV in the bedroom and excellent speed of the free Wi-Fi... I stay in hotels a lot and for a small hotel this venue punches well above it's weight... Thank you

Room Tip: Room 12 was very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ECAB2014
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words.We are delighted you enjoyed staying with us so much.We are very pleased you sampled our new restaurant area and gave us such positive feed back.I have passed on your comments to our staff.Many thanks and we trust we will see you again soon-John
Banchory, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Unfortunately we did not get to stay at Kildron House due to having to cancel at last minute but my communication with the staff prior to our intended visit left such a good taste in my mouth that i felt compelled to write this review.

I was being an awkward guest and made a request on booking.com to have a room with a ensuite that had a bath, the owner wrote back to me to inform me there was not a double room with a bath but he could arrange for us to stay in the family room which did have a bath for no extra cost so as to accommodate our needs and fulfil my request.

We are gutted not to have stayed here after 2 of our friends had recommended the hotel as being clean, the staff being excellent, breakfast great and the beds supposedly very comfortable.

Sorry we had to cancel but we will be certain to visit and experience this for ourselves soon!
Les and Emma

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emma B
Hi Emma,many thanks for your review.We appreciate you taking time out to do it.We are pleased you found our customer service to your satisfaction and hope to see you again in the future.Best wishes from all at Kidron
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

For me, the delight of Kidron House Hotel was its warm and friendly staff. Not plastic-friendly but canny. I am always pleased when my foibles are detected and reflected. I had a good night's sleep - the ultimate test of a room. I really needed a master class in space-age toasters, but perseverance paid off. The toast was excellent. Should I pass that way again, I shall return.
Thanks Kidron.

Room Tip: Only tried one.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank aydnehu2
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Aydne,thank you for your review.We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff so attentive.We hope to see you again in the future.Kind regards John
Warrenpoint, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We needed a reasonably priced room which would fit our family of five for just one night. I'm delighted to have chosen the Kidron Hotel in Irvine. From the moment we arrived we were made feel very welcome by the manager. The room was very clean and comfortable, as was the rest of the hotel. It's a small and personal place in a nice area and close to the main route from Glasgow to Cairnryan. The food was good, but it really was the friendliness of the staff which sold the hotel to our family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CMLFF
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you very much for your review.We really appreciate your positive feed back and hope to see again soon.Kind regards John
Forgandenny, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have stayed several times at Kildron House, usually just overnight, and have found it to be excellent value for money. We have stayed in various rooms, usually with our dog. The rooms vary quite a bit in size and style but all rooms that we have stayed in have been warm, comfortable, well equipped and very clean. Wifi connectivity is pretty good too, and free! We like being able to order our breakfast the night before as to means breakfast is served very promptly and is freshly cooked. I would recommend Kildron House to anyone who wishes to stay in Irvine in a small hotel that has some individuality.

Room Tip: We like the rooms in the old house because they suit us with our dog. The courtyard rooms are also g...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alison L
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi Alison,many thanks for your comments.It was great to have you with us again and we look forward to your next visit here at Kidron.Our court yard rooms are always popular with pet owners and we are happy to accommodate in any way we can.All the best from The Kidron Staff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Western House Hotel
Travelodge Kilmarnock
Travelodge Kilmarnock
#3 of 4 in Kilmarnock

Been to Kidron House Hotel? Share your experiences!