“Kidron House August 2014”
Review of Kidron House Hotel

Kidron House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Irvine
Flintshire
“Kidron House August 2014”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I have today returned from a four night stay..On arrival was greeted by the lovely Phillip who told me we had been upgraded to the executive suite free of charge for our stay. We had a jacuzzis bath in our room and access to another room with sauna and a massive shower. Lovely....breakfast was lovely and had a couple of evening meals whilest there which were very nice and a reasonable price for a hotel. Room was cleaned everyday..Staff were friendly, especially Phillip..... He seemed to be about every time we were and was very helpful with information of where to go on days out as we had turned up in Scotland for the first time with no major plans . Great place to stay if you want to explore locally....Everything about Kidron was happy and friendly and clean was a pleasure to stay there and would recommend it to anyone . Thanks for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Only stayed in executive room so tip is .... Smile nicely on arrival and if the room is empty you mi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank suzanneh21
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hi Suzanne,we really appreciate you taking time out to leave us such a lovely review.Its always nice when we can offer a free upgrade.Its not always possible but we are happy to do so when we can.We are delighted you enjoyed the food and the customer service too.We hope to see you again soon.Best wishes from all at Kidron.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our stay at Kidron House during the Commonwealth Games could not have been more pleasant. The staff were all so friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. We stayed in the executive room which was really excellent - clean, comfortable, spacious and with its own jacuzzi bath and access to own private sauna and shower! We also had family members in single rooms which were also clean and comfortable. Breakfasts were lovely. either continental or full english/scottish which were cooked to order. We ate there 3 evenings during our stay and found everything delicious. We would definitely return when venturing to that area again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Janice L
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi Janice,thank you for your very positive comments.We are so glad you could help make your stay a pleasant one during the Commonwealth games.I have passed your remarks onto our chef who thanks you .We trust we will see you again in the future.Kind regards from all at Kidron House Hotel.
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My husband, my mother- in-law and myself popped in one day for lunch. Food was basic but very nice the service was very very good,
I have recommend to other family who live near by. The restaurant was spotless nice atmosphere very friendly. Will be back soon.
Please make sure the apple crumble is still on the menu.

Stayed August 2014
6 Thank Eleanor R
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hi Eleanor,thank you for taking time out to review our new restaurant area.Its great to have feed back from local families dinning out in the area.I am glad service meet with your standards.We are receiving very positive comments on the food too.We are constantly adding to the menu and changing our daily specials.Apple crumble however is always on as its so popular.We look forward to seeing you again soon.Best wishes from all at Kidron
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Not pleased to be told on our arrival that one couple would have to move rooms for the second night when we were leaving early the next day and expected to get back late.As it happened,the member of staff booking us in had not realised that there had been a cancellation and so the change of room was avoided.We were treated very well aand to be upgraded to the executive room was a real bonus.Impressed by the cleanliness and quality of the food.Would stay there again if back in that area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Geoffrey L
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Geoffrey,many thanks for your comments.I am so pleased we managed to turn the situation around for you and offer a free upgrade.We do try our best to get it right for all our guests.We look forward to having you with us again.Best wishes from all at Kidron
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The reviews and website for this hotel may have heightened my expectations, but I was rather disappointed by the hotel when I arrived. The staff were reasonably friendly but my room was tiny and the bathroom miniscule! I was here for three nights on a business trip but there was no desk or table on which I could work and the WIFI was tempramental to say the least, dropping in and out all evening. I tipped hot chocolate on the duvet cover on night 2 and I was expecting it to be changed, but the chocolate stains were still there when I returned that evening. Otherwise cleanliness was OK.
I also thought that it was ridiculously expensive for what I was getting. I know that I was here during the Commonweath Games, but the room rate in no way reflected the size or quality of the room.
Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Annette C
Dear guest,thank you for taking time out to review us.I am very sorry to hear you did nor fully enjoy your stay with us.I would like to address a couple of the concerns you have raised.
As you have mentioned we are fully booked at the moment with customers for the Commonwealth games.I have checked the room you were allocated and I agree it was a smaller single room.Generally we like to upgrade our singles but being so busy at this time that was not possible.
I must apologize your bed sheet was not changed.The issue will be raised at our weekly staff meeting and I shall get back to you with my findings..Regarding WiFi. I am uncertain what the problem could have been.We had no reports of any problems and we do use it ourselves for bookings and could not find a problem.
As I am sure you are aware hotel prices were more expensive than usual in all hotels in the area during The Games.Our rates were very favorable compared with many of our competitors.
All said we are very sorry your stay was not all you wished for.We trust you will give us another opportunity to remedy the situation.I would be pleased to upgrade your room and to offer a 25% discount on your next stay with us.I trust this meets with your approval and am available at the hotel to assist you in any way possible.Kind regards John
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Really pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, staff went out of their way to be helpful and the room was light and very clean. Real plus points were the free view TV in the bedroom and excellent speed of the free Wi-Fi... I stay in hotels a lot and for a small hotel this venue punches well above it's weight... Thank you

Room Tip: Room 12 was very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ECAB2014
kidronirvine, Owner at Kidron House Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words.We are delighted you enjoyed staying with us so much.We are very pleased you sampled our new restaurant area and gave us such positive feed back.I have passed on your comments to our staff.Many thanks and we trust we will see you again soon-John
Banchory, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Unfortunately we did not get to stay at Kildron House due to having to cancel at last minute but my communication with the staff prior to our intended visit left such a good taste in my mouth that i felt compelled to write this review.

I was being an awkward guest and made a request on booking.com to have a room with a ensuite that had a bath, the owner wrote back to me to inform me there was not a double room with a bath but he could arrange for us to stay in the family room which did have a bath for no extra cost so as to accommodate our needs and fulfil my request.

We are gutted not to have stayed here after 2 of our friends had recommended the hotel as being clean, the staff being excellent, breakfast great and the beds supposedly very comfortable.

Sorry we had to cancel but we will be certain to visit and experience this for ourselves soon!
Les and Emma

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emma B
Hi Emma,many thanks for your review.We appreciate you taking time out to do it.We are pleased you found our customer service to your satisfaction and hope to see you again in the future.Best wishes from all at Kidron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
#4 of 4 in Kilmarnock
Harbourside Hotel
Harbourside Hotel
#5 of 5 in Irvine

Been to Kidron House Hotel? Share your experiences!