“brilliant value”

Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed 22 January 2014

good value for money few negatives dinner menu was much the same most nights could have been a bit more choice on a positive side the food was really nice was served by a really good waiter called paul the rooms are getting a bit tired in need of a bit redecoration overall nice stay well worth the money very pleasant staff especially paul our waiter

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tania s
IrvineManager, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Irvine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel.

Firstly please accept my apologies for the lack of change in the menu; this is certainly not our hotel standard which involves a daily change of choice alongside our A la Carte and lounge menu.

In relation to the bedrooms we have an ongoing maintenance and refurbishment programme in place and are constantly striving to improve the quality of the rooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and please contact me directly at tuathal.breheny@menzieshotels.co.uk so that I can personally look after your reservation.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We booked this hotel for a quiet time before christmas. The week before my partner phoned hotel to see if any entertainment on that weekend. He spoke to Clare rodden the events manager who advised a christmas party night was planned for the sat night of our stay. Clare was fantastic providing us will loads of information re event and hotel and included us into the party night which was fantastic. Great atmosphere, great food and great DJ who made everyone very welcome!!!
Hotel gorgeous as you walk in and staff very nice. Bedrooms clean and perfect in every way.
Breakfast was great and staff really welcoming.
Can only rate this hotel a perfect 10/10 as will definately return next dec. Clare has a great personality and very good at her job. She made our stay exceptional and would like her superiors know this!! A great asset to this wee gem of a hotel
Best wishes Bob Anne Brady ❤

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank monicaof

Dear Mr & Mrs Brady

I am delighted to see that you had such a wonder time and that you rate the hotel as a 10 /10 for all areas including our Christmas party nights.

Claire is our newest member of the management team and is as you said proving to be a real asset to the hotel particularly with our wedding couples.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review and hopefully we will see you before December.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

After being stranded on the mainland christmas eve due to the bad weather and our ferry being cancelled we rang the Menzies Hotel, and what a little gem of place we had found. We were made to feel very welcome as soon as we arrived and we were even upgraded to executive rooms which were huge, very clean and comfortable. The hotel was very busy with coach parties but still managed to squeeze us in for breakfast, evening meal and christmas dinner, the food and the service we received was excellent. On christmas day we left our room to find a santa's stocking filled with gifts hung on our door and on our breakfast table more little presents we were absolutely blown away with the kindness and effort the hotel went to and we would just like to say a BIG thank you to all at the Menzies hotel, Irvine for making our christmas very special.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IrvineManager, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Irvine, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and I am delighted that you and your family had such a wonderful Christmas.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The water in the shower although warm was never hot,that would describe our overall experience of the hotel during our 2night DBB break. The staff were pleasant, our room was large and comfortable although some of the furniture was shabby. We were somewhat disappointed with dinner in the restaurant, small portions of mediocre quality food and no change in the menu both nights, breakfast was just ok. In our opinion the Menzies Irvine while not being particularly bad does lack the ambience and facilities of its 4star rating

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PJJ922

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to place a review on trip advisor and I am sorry that we have not met you expectations on this occasion.
I have sent you a message and hope that I get the opportunity to discuss your feedback particularly as we have both an a la carte menu and a daily menu which changes on a daily basis and if this was not the case or was not highlighted to you then once again please accepts my apologies for this lapse in service.
We are constantly striving to improve our standards so constructive feedback is vital for us to continue to improve.
Once again thank you for your comments and I hope that we have the chance to speak in the near future.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed at hotel for an overnight to celebrate my birthday. My wife booked the night as a surprise and an opportunity to chill out for a day. Check-in was efficient, and a bottle of wine and a birthday card was waiting in our room for us. The room was very spacious with two double and one single bed. Pity we weren't having a party! The deal included dinner from the Table d'Hote Menu. There were seven choices each for starter, main and dessert. Quality of the food was reasonable - only criticism was that the vegetable selection (potatoes, roast potatoes, parsnips, sprouts, carrot and turnip) was clearly the same as being served in the large Christmas party taking place in the hotel. As a result, they appeared to have been prepared in large volumes in advance (yes, I know this is what commercial kitchens always do, but these didn't seem to "fit" the excellent choice of dishes). Otherwise, the hotel was quiet, clean and was just the job for chilling out.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
IrvineManager, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Irvine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay and I am delighted that you and your wife had a chance to chill out over your birthday.
When we know that the purpose of the visit is a special occasion we try and organise a little gift and I am delighted that you enjoyed it.
I will pass your feedback regarding the vegetables onto the kitchen brigade but by way of an explanation we try and keep our food offering seasonal for both freshness and as part of our green tourism policy (reducing our carbon footprint) hence the reason for the UK sprouts and root vegetables.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future and perhaps you will have the opportunity to take a few more days to relax.
Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The room was clean, spacious and excellent value for money considering I stayed over on a Saturday night. All 7 of the people in my company agreed the food in the restaurant was excellent albeit a little pricey. Breakfast in the morning was a buffet with a choice of continental and cooked options.

There was two small things that I would like to point out that stopped my rating being 5/5.
- The double bed was actually two single beds pushed together.
- I hate when hotels claim to have a cocktail bar then only serve pitchers of 3 or 4 basic cocktails.

Overall I had a very nice stay at the hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
IrvineManager, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Irvine, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. Following your feedback we will review the cocktails that we offer. In relation to the zip and link beds these are a bed type that are used throughout the industry but the next time you are returning to the area please contact me directly and I will ensure that you are not allocated this room type.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Excellent value for the money. Staff all very helpful and pleasant. Food in the evening was good although service was slow.
A few minor niggles. breakfast at 9 am was cold but next day at 8am was hot and good.
Room was clean but the carpet had a rip in it.

apart from that all was very good and would definitely come back.
Hope the change to Bespoke hotels doesn't spoil this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. I will certainly follow up on your comments regarding breakfast temperatures and please be assured that our ongoing refurbishment programme will continue.

Tuathal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Gailes Restaurant and Hotel
1 mi away
Harbourside Hotel
Harbourside Hotel
#4 of 5 in Irvine

Been to Hallmark Hotel Irvine? Share your experiences!