“ideal base”

Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed for 4 nights. this hotel is superb giving us a ideal base to explore Scotland. All the staff we excellent the rooms are a typical style of a larger hotel plenty of room a huge bed and good amenities. The food in the hotel was excellent reasonably priced and a good choice gary the manager made us very welcome as did all the staff overall a good hotel ( the only one thing that could be added is a lift....) but didn't spoil our stay .. thank you..

Room Tip: Perhaps nearer the reception on the ground floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul G, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Irvine, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Menzies Irvine is an ideal base whether en route to the north, shopping in Glasgow, Burns country, the islands, castles, ice cream - sorry, I get carried away at times, I just love it here!

There'll be plenty you didn't see so you'll need to come back! even though we won't be getting a lift - let us know when you're coming next and we'll arrange for a room close to reception

Very best wishes from Garry and all the team.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Despite a Wedding Dance in full swing we were made very welcome after our journey.

We had a meal in the restaurant which was ok and breakfast was good next day with nice friendly staff.
I know what to expect when I book and I'm reassured by that!
Well done again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FabFizz

Always a pleasure to hear from regular guests - let me know when you're next coming!

Best wishes from all at Menzies.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Menzies Hotel provided a first class training room with all extras including air conditioning, projector and screen, flip chart and paper, pens and paper fresh iced water and sweets. We had 13 students and trainers for five days.

We had fresh tea and coffee each morning with home made short bread, a buffet lunch with french fries and tea and coffee, and assorted cordial juices, in the afternoon we had tea and coffee and snacks.

Each day the lunches were different and absolutely delicious - first class room,food & drink but above all excellent customer service delivered by all the Menzies team.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Our conference facilities are ideal for training, workshops, presentations, etc and very popular within the local community.

I know your week with us was a great success and I hope all your students are doing well.

Very best wishes from the team here at Menzies and thanks for your kind words on our customer care.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We had DBB+afternoon tea and a late check out for £98. So I won't be too critical. Check in was smooth. Afternoon tea was lovely. Dinner was a bit hit and miss. The starter (wood pigeon) was raw, I could hear it coo. The main was very nice with a good portion size. We asked for coffee instead of a sweet but gave up waiting after half an hour.
The room was a superior room,(just a family room) comfortable bed big windows and a standard bathroom all in need of refurbishment. Strange as it may sound but we will be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andysbarbershop

It was very nice to meet you both and again, sorry about the pigeon - it did nearly get away and I've still not found your coffee!

It's not strange to hear you are likely to return as most of our guests do become quite regular, even if there is the ccasional blip, but I was glad to read that you would.

So many thanks for your comments and I do hope to chat with you again soon. Give me a call when you're next likely to be in the area.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just returned from a four night stay while on a coach tour of the Ayrshire Coast.
The hotel is a really nice place to stay with professional and helpful staff,comfortable rooms and excellent food.
Very handy to visit places such as Culzean Castle and Stuart House.
This was a memory lane trip for me as I lived in the area for 15 years but had not been back for a long time - about 60 years in fact.
Obviously everywhere had changed but the Ayrshire coast is a fabulous place to visit and the Menzies Hotel an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandra w

You mentioned Culzean Castle and Stuart House, two of my favourite attractions in the area but you'll probably recall how much there is to see and do in the area - so I guess you'll need to return to your old stomping ground, just don't leave it another 60 years!

Thank you very much for your review and I do hope we'll see you back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Chose this hotel for its proximity to Eglington Country Park where I was attending an event. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the reception/bar area is spacious, the breakfast room seemed dark and dated and very warm - either it has no aircon or it wasn't working. Breakfast was nicely cooked and plenty of choices. Tables were cleared very quickly but one thing I did notice was they sprayed the tables with the anti-bacterial stuff then put the cups upside down on the wet tables - something which needs to be addressed.

I had a room at the side overlooking the golf course which was nice - though it also faced the A71 so a fair bit of road noise when the window was open (worth remembering if you are a light sleeper - it didn't bother me). The window frame got forgotten in the cleaning rounds - unfortunately, it didn't look like it had been wiped for some time, though the rest of the room and bathroom was clean. The hotel is in need of a refurb, some wallpaper peeling at the seams, paintwork chipped, bedroom furniture well used - it needs a bit of money spent on it.

Other than breakfast I didn't eat in the hotel.

Overall I thought the hotel had a nice feeling to it - and I think this is a credit to the staff - and yes I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cshore2012

Eglinton is a super park, something for everyone, and great to have it so close to us - I'm sure you enjoyed it there too.

Purely to put your mind at ease, what we use for wiping tables is commonly used throughout the industry, and is specifically for this purpose.

Thank you for highlighting the window frame - this has been addressed and our wonderful housekeeping team will be keeping a watchful eye on this to ensure no further repeat.

Our refurbishment programme is ongoing and I do feel we're getting there!

Thank you for your time in placing your review with Trip Advisor and thank you especially for your kind words about the staff - we do believe we are a good team and we work hard for our guests but it's hearing comments like this that make it even more worthwhile, so thanks again and hurry back!

Best wishes from all.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I would like to recommend the menzies hotel in Irvine who are looking to stay or have a meal or book a function on Saturday 28th June 2014 we had our wedding and the staff were fantastic not just to us but our guests to the full day went smoothly as planned thanks to the staff the food was outstanding highly recommended and the rooms were clean tidy and had no problems thank you to staff at Menzies highly recommended 5 star plus in my books

• Stayed: June 2014

What a day that was!

We are fortunate to have some great wedding facilities here and the team do feel part of the special day, I'm so glad it comes across, not just to the lucky man and his new bride, but to all the guests on such a wonderful occasion.

Again, very best wishes from all the team at Menzies and remember to keep in touch!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Kidron House Hotel
Western House Hotel
Annfield House Hotel
Annfield House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Irvine

Been to Hallmark Hotel Irvine? Share your experiences!