Riverside Lodge Hotel
US$72
  • Free Internet
US$51
US$40
Kidron House Hotel(Irvine)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Restaurant
US$173
US$168
1,003 results
All reviewshallmark hotelbuffet breakfasttwo double bedscoach partiesno liftbit datednight stayreception staffbar pricesfamily roomcourse mealpleasant stayboth nightsshort breakhaggisfood was lovelygreat weekend
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed for 4 nights. this hotel is superb giving us a ideal base to explore Scotland. All the staff we excellent the rooms are a typical style of a larger hotel plenty of room a huge bed and good amenities. The food in the hotel was excellent reasonably priced and a good choice gary the manager made us very welcome as did all the staff overall a good hotel ( the only one thing that could be added is a lift....) but didn't spoil our stay .. thank you..

Room Tip: Perhaps nearer the reception on the ground floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul G, Manager at Riverside Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Menzies Irvine is an ideal base whether en route to the north, shopping in Glasgow, Burns country, the islands, castles, ice cream - sorry, I get carried away at times, I just love it here!

There'll be plenty you didn't see so you'll need to come back! even though we won't be getting a lift - let us know when you're coming next and we'll arrange for a room close to reception

Very best wishes from Garry and all the team.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Despite a Wedding Dance in full swing we were made very welcome after our journey.

We had a meal in the restaurant which was ok and breakfast was good next day with nice friendly staff.
I know what to expect when I book and I'm reassured by that!
Well done again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FabFizz

Always a pleasure to hear from regular guests - let me know when you're next coming!

Best wishes from all at Menzies.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Menzies Hotel provided a first class training room with all extras including air conditioning, projector and screen, flip chart and paper, pens and paper fresh iced water and sweets. We had 13 students and trainers for five days.

We had fresh tea and coffee each morning with home made short bread, a buffet lunch with french fries and tea and coffee, and assorted cordial juices, in the afternoon we had tea and coffee and snacks.

Each day the lunches were different and absolutely delicious - first class room,food & drink but above all excellent customer service delivered by all the Menzies team.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Our conference facilities are ideal for training, workshops, presentations, etc and very popular within the local community.

I know your week with us was a great success and I hope all your students are doing well.

Very best wishes from the team here at Menzies and thanks for your kind words on our customer care.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We had DBB+afternoon tea and a late check out for £98. So I won't be too critical. Check in was smooth. Afternoon tea was lovely. Dinner was a bit hit and miss. The starter (wood pigeon) was raw, I could hear it coo. The main was very nice with a good portion size. We asked for coffee instead of a sweet but gave up waiting after half an hour.
The room was a superior room,(just a family room) comfortable bed big windows and a standard bathroom all in need of refurbishment. Strange as it may sound but we will be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andysbarbershop

It was very nice to meet you both and again, sorry about the pigeon - it did nearly get away and I've still not found your coffee!

It's not strange to hear you are likely to return as most of our guests do become quite regular, even if there is the ccasional blip, but I was glad to read that you would.

So many thanks for your comments and I do hope to chat with you again soon. Give me a call when you're next likely to be in the area.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just returned from a four night stay while on a coach tour of the Ayrshire Coast.
The hotel is a really nice place to stay with professional and helpful staff,comfortable rooms and excellent food.
Very handy to visit places such as Culzean Castle and Stuart House.
This was a memory lane trip for me as I lived in the area for 15 years but had not been back for a long time - about 60 years in fact.
Obviously everywhere had changed but the Ayrshire coast is a fabulous place to visit and the Menzies Hotel an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandra w

You mentioned Culzean Castle and Stuart House, two of my favourite attractions in the area but you'll probably recall how much there is to see and do in the area - so I guess you'll need to return to your old stomping ground, just don't leave it another 60 years!

Thank you very much for your review and I do hope we'll see you back at the hotel soon.