1,065 results
All reviews hallmark hotel buffet breakfast two double beds coach parties bit dated reception staff night stay family room bar prices course meal both nights short break great weekend haggis first class food was lovely fish and chips
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Not a bad little hotel. Clearly in need of upgrading which appears to be being done. Asked to change rooms as we were directly facing the building site in first room. Moved happily to 241 (far end of hotel) which was a lot better. Bed mattress was very poor with massive indentation in it,but I can sleep through anything so didn’t say anything. The food at dinner was AMAZING though! All communal areas were very nicely done. Shame about the view out of the restaurant panoramic windows! Will be better when the outdoor landscaping is done. All in all not too bad. Will be better in 6months time.
Tip - ask not to be put in rooms facing building site (101-114 & 201-214)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martstubbs
Mark S, Manager at Riverside Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear martstubbs,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As part of the refurbishment we will be starting the rooms very soon and as such any defective mattresses will be replaced.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

At first when I walked through the doors of the hotel I was very impressed, lovely reception, open planned into the bar and restaurant. Reception staff very nice, although I was a bit early booking in, the room was ready and they let me have the room. The positives of this hotel are the staff, very clean, good food and lovely bar area. The negatives, were to start!! Housekeeping don't knock the door before entering room, twice someone came in when in, first time having a lie down in the afternoon, and then the morning we were due to leave they came in at 08.15 hrs to clean room, I was in the shower but had put safety chain on due to previous day. Bathroom okay not the best I have seen, toilet roll you could spit through. My husband had been moving around in the bed and on the final morning you could see the mattress, it was disgusting with a very large urine stain on it, I would not have let him sleep on this if I knew, wouldn't have it my own house. The pillows on the bed are very poor, my neck was sore in the morning, bed not comfortable. I found the corridors quite noisy although there is a sign asking people to be mindful of other guests.

Stayed: September 2018
Mark S, Manager at Riverside Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Margaret K,

Thank you for the review, we are delighted that you saw the transformation to date, please rest assured that the bedrooms are next on the refurbishment program and should start shortly.

I have spoken to housekeeping about the points you have mentioned and action is being taken to rectify this.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and professional. The food was of a high standard and the bar facilities were good with a range of drinks at reasonable prices. The bedroom was neat and tidy as was the whole hotel. No complaints with anything, we are considering coming back in the future.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mackem12

Dear mackem12,

Thank you for the review. We are delighted that you fund everything to your satisfaction and we would love to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were all very friendly and helpful. The lobby, bar and restaurant had all been recently refurbished and looked amazing 5* and the food in the restaurant was really nice. The rooms were in need of updating the 1st night the bed in our room upstairs was uncomfortable (lumpy and springs gone everywhere) the carpet was sticky and had chewing gum in it. So we requested to change room. The next room we were given was on the ground floor where the bed was much more comfy. The furnishings still needed updating along with the shower. All in all we enjoyed our stay here largely down to the lovely staff and the restaurant. and would like to see it when all the rooms are refurbished.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear EandSMurray,
Thank you for leaving a review online of you recent stay with us. Refurbishment of the rooms is expected the start very shortly and thus the rooms will be modernised and decorated.
We are delighted that you found the public areas to be to your satisfaction. We hope to see you again int he future,

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Cheery staff, lovely food and beautifully decorated public areas. This could easily have been a 5 star review as the hotel shows so much promise.
However there were a few things that have had an affect on my overall rating.
Our bathroom had not been cleaned properly - hairs in bath and on the floor, thick dust on door mouldings.
Our electricity went off in our room one evening when I turned a light on. This was fixed quickly after reporting it to reception but gave us a bit of a fright at the time.
Breakfast service on our last morning was unbelievably poor. No milk for cereal, no milk at tea station to use instead and also no tea, coffee or clean cups. I joined a queue of people waiting for butter and bread to be replenished. Two gentlemen joked that at least they had managed to get their jam. Guests had to tell the waitress that things had ran out, she seemed too busy seating people and taking hot food orders to have noticed.
Fortunately we were not in a hurry but can imagine this would have been very annoying for someone who was.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zavazah

Dear Zavazah,

I am truly sorry for the shortcomings that you experienced during your most recent stay. These points have been noted and will be actioned on.