“Fantastic food”
Review of The Tudor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Airdrie
The Tudor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Airdrie
Reviewed 12 March 2013

With it being mother’s day weekend we choose to leave my native Coatbridge and try somewhere new for dinner was pleasantly surprised with the Tudor in Airdrie. Booked a table for five and we were seated in a booth. The only grumble being when cars are leaving the car park you are blinded by their lights. But it was all worth it for the food. The three courses fantastic recommending the Haggis fritters, Chardonnay chicken and the Caramel shortbread. The staff was brilliant and couldn’t be more helpful and they were plenty of them. We did wait a while for our main courses with a waitress asking us if we wanted tea or coffee because she thought we had finished our meals but you kind of expect that in a busy restaurant. If 3 courses and a few drinks each we got change for £120. All in all the Tudor is not somewhere I would have thought of beforehand but I certainly will be going back…even if it’s just for the sirloin stroganoff….amazing

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 March 2013

The accommodation in the Tudor had a makeover three years ago and the prices went up to £100 double. The decor is modern, but a little stark as it's all black and white, but everything is modern. The hotel does a good trade in wedding receptions and anniversaries, and at the weekend there is a disco in the bar. We needed an early night's sleep but it was impossible to sleep until the disco finished at one in the morning,

The bistro is the most convenient eating area; it's very informal but efficient, with a wide-ranging menu of well-cooked homely food at moderate prices. Breakfast is cooked for you to order; no problems, but English visitors should not assume that a full Scottish breakfast is identical to a full English.

Hotel accommodation in the West of Scotland has become expensive in the last couple of years and the £100 double they charge here (--occasionally £80; I have never found out why--) is at the high end but is not hugely out of line. It's well located in Airdrie.

Room Tip: If staying on Friday or Saturday night, ask whether the room is close to the noise from the entertai...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I recently attended a wedding here. The night before the hotel was hosting a Burns Night event. Prior to the event, I had the opportunity to chat with quite a few people in the expansive, but comfortable, lounge on one end of the hotel. I also had my first shot at traditional haggis and enjoyed every bite. The staff was friendly and welcoming, and the wedding events the following night were spectacular. From the food to decor to the dance floor, everything was perfect and made for a spectacular gathering with friends, old and new. I couldn't have designed a better place to spend my first trip to Scotland!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

I've just spent a week here through work and thought it was just another digs to put me head down after a day at work, what a surprise this is one of the most friendliest places I've stayed at the staff are to put it mildly fantastic, the food is superb and the rooms which I stayed in was room 2 was well better than all the other hotels I've stayed in and with my work that's a lot, when away from home things can be a bit boring but with special thanks to derek the bar manager I've had a great time he made me feel very welcome and he's a great sense of humour and may I add a professional man with a well run bar, also I would thank all the other staff, if your looking for somewhere to stay in airdrie or surrounding areas then you will not find better, Thanks all Stevie

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We just celebrated our wedding at the hotel. Excellent experience not only for us but all our guests who said it was the best wedding they have ever been at. Decor was amazin, thanks to Geraldine for the effort and standard of this. Service and attentiveness from the staff was out of this world. Food was commented on by all especially the fillet steak rossini. Bar prices are excellent for all guests to enjoy. Rooms where brilliant too, we had guests who came all the way from the states and where taken great care of. Excellent venue for a wedding of any size, ours was 150 people for meal and another 80 at night and the atmosphere was electric. Defo recommend, and would like to thank everyone again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank r0ss14
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My husband and I eat in the Tudor regularly. The food is excellent as is the service. I cannot fault anything with this hotel. They obviously have a great chef, as the quality and standard of the food is excellent and also great value for money. My husband and I will continue to eat there and would recommend to all friends and family. Just a lovely dining experience at a very fair price.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pandetta
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My husband and I eat in this hotel regularly and have never once been disappointetd. The staff are friendly but professional and always take time to make sure you are happy. We recently had our God-daughter's wedding reception there and were bowled over by the attention to detail of the hotel staff. They were as anxious as we were that everything went well and that out guests had a good time. I could not recommend anywhere more highly to anyone looking for value for money, excellent service and a friendly, pleasant ambience.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airdrie
Mondo Hotel
Premier Inn Glasgow (Motherwell) Hotel
No photo provided
Harty's The Guest House
#2 of 2 in Chapelhall

Been to The Tudor Hotel? Share your experiences!