“overnite stay”
Review of The Tudor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Airdrie
The Tudor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Airdrie
Reviewed 7 October 2013

went to a wedding in the tudor hotel and decided to book a room , our stay was excellant from check in till check out , room spotlesly clean , staff very well manered , breakfast was great .
would deff stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katped_13

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Went to the Tudor for a wee treat instead of cooking dinner and I knew that the dining area had been done up. We ordered our usual choices. I like the Mother's Steak Pie and my aunt likes the Finnan haddock, and I asked for large steak pie, as opposed to small. Oddly there is no middle ground . Larger or smaller than what ? Anyway , my aunt kept getting mouth fulls of bones, so much so that she was frightened in case she choked. You might expect a few small bones, but she had the large fishbones in every bite. The cheesy sauce was thinner than usual and the potato wasn't fully cooked. My steak pie wasn't exactly large. There was a fair amount of very well cooked stew. The so called puff pastry was flat as a pancake and was just over 2 inches square. I got 10 chips with a spoonful of garden peas and 6 bits of carrot - Yes I was so astonished I counted them. I thought they had given me a small plate and after my comments, brought another very small bit of flat pastry- it was the kind of pastry that you get when you think you can get away with puff pastry cooked on it's date, but it doesn't rise. To be fair my aunt changed to a small steak pie and got just a small amount less than me but more chips !. After we had eaten the woman came and asked if it was alright, so I told her no, and my reasons. She said 'she would tell him' but didn't offer any apology or reason, and although I waited to see what would happen, it never did. I should say that I've eaten there many times, and wouldn't have done so if it had been as bad in the past. Just wouldn't rate this. I should also add that it's usually busy after 5pm, but it was dead - I wonder why ? Please get your act together

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Elspeth D
Reviewed 18 August 2013

For personal reasons I needed to stay in Airdrie for an extended period (many weeks) in late 2012. There is an extremely limited choice of Hotel accommodation in that town and I was prepared to “put up with anything”. I can report that I was not just pleasantly surprised by The Tudor but immensely impressed. It is a very professionally run establishment with staff who were never intrusive but always friendly, respectful and kind. My room was not large but was extremely comfortable and well-designed with desk, lots of cupboard space and drawers, good lighting AND the heating system made it very cosy (especially when it was snowing outside). The attached bathroom was spacious, immaculately clean and quite luxurious. Rooms were serviced daily – with fluffy white towels etc provided. My upstairs room was also very quiet – well soundproofed from the frequently noisy crowds in the Bar, Restaurant and Function areas downstairs. Breakfast was part of my Package: it was hearty and included hot cooked food if desired. My special request for yoghurt was met every morning even though it was not on the menu. There is a dearth of “acceptable” cafes/restaurants in Airdrie – but this did not matter because the downstairs Bistro/Restaurant facilities at The Tudor offer a huge range of high-quality dishes with generous servings at very moderate prices. Its location is very good – near public transport (train and bus), close to medical facilities, less than 5 minutes walk to the main town shops and closer still to the Recreation Centre (indoor swimming pool and gym) and the delightful Town Hall Café which serves light meals, snacks, cakes etc. Price-wise the Tudor is very reasonable – extremely good value for money. It became my “home” for a couple of months and I was very happy and settled there. I have nothing but praise for it facilities and comforts and would recommend it highly for anyone who has a need to stay in Airdrie.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Judy R
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had been let down by the the first hotel that we had booked and had to find somewhere late on a Saturday night after travelling over 300 miles from where we live.We had our 2 young kids and were desperate. The manager worked over time to accommodate us. In fact all of the staff where so helpful, helping us to unload the car and get settled quickly. The rooms are very comfortable and its nicely appointed throughout. Breakfast is very good with some good choices on the menu.We will look to stay again and would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I loved the food but the service was appalling, as in the woman who served us thought she was better than us ,I work hard to have nice things and not have other people judge me ,but apart from that ,I would still go back just for the food it is the best in airdrie x

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Antigua46
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I have stayed here a coule of times when working in Glasgow. Its a nice hotel, helpful staff, good resh food food, free wifi and Peroni on draught! Excellent value for money, I would highly reccomend The Tudor.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was born in Airddrie but now live in Adelaide South Australia and my husband and I stayed at the Tudor for 8 nights when we visited family and friends. By the time we left we felt as if the staff were part of our family they were so friendly and accommadating,nothing was too much trouble. Marion the receptionist always had a smile and took interest in how we had spent our day and Guido you're a legend!. The food in the Bistro was great we didn't bother going anywhere else to eat it was all there! Unfortunately I became ill when I was there and the staff really looked after me bringing meals to the room and making sure I was comfortable. The breakfast every morning was good and the staff very pleasant. When we left it was hugs all round can't wait to get back there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airdrie
Mondo Hotel
Premier Inn Glasgow (Bellshill) Hotel
Smiths Hotel
Smiths Hotel
#2 of 2 in Kirkintilloch

Been to The Tudor Hotel? Share your experiences!