“Brother's Wedding & Reception”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Tudor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Airdrie
The Tudor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Airdrie
Oban, United Kingdom
“Brother's Wedding & Reception”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've known and used this hotel over many years, and, while it shows little sign of wear-and-tear, neither has it been up-graded in any noticeable way. Having just returned from an American trip based on a typical Motel, the comparisons did not work out on the Tudor's favour. Our room was somewhat cramped (less than half the U.S's size at exactly the same cost).
The meal was agreeable and served efficiently, whilst the Maitre'D had a quaint manner in running the event. Happily, I can imagine no other reason to visit/attend/use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Angus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Would highly recommend this hotel for the great home cooked food. Prices are great value and there is a wide range of dishes which will suit everyone. There is a good atmosphere. Service is excellent and this is a great place if you only have a limited amount of time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My daughter's wedding reception was held here on the 6th June, 2014. One or two hitches but overall, on the day, the service received by Craig was second to none. Nothing was too much trouble for him and everything flowed as it should. Super meal even although we were late sitting down - it came piping hot. Thanks to all involved.

Room Tip: We had the family room - beds ok but the sofa bed could have been better. Rooms to the front of the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Doreen C
Airdrie, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We booked a meal here because it was next to the registry office and decided to book in for our honeymoon night too. The meal and the room exceeded all expectations. Staff were very attentive and pleasant. We couldn't have asked for any better. Made our big day even more special.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank elaine11011
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Had a very long wait for a table at the popular Tudor, which I frequent often. However, my friend's starter was supposedly bruschetta, came as 2 halves of garlic bread with a mound of diced onion and tomato on the plate. Was described very elegantly on the menu, looked nor tasted nothing like described, where was the parmagione?? And why was the diced tomato and onion not on the toasted bruschetta, with something more palatable? I had chilli which was very synthetic and thick, not very appetising. Dessert choice was all shop bought, caramel cake, caramel apple pie, fudge cake and cheese cake. Over priced. Not what you would expect. £38 with a soft drink, no coffee, not worth it. A very brash loud waitress, (dressed in flip-flops) continually shouted loudly at the side of our table, ordering the very nice younger staff about, making it all in not a very enjoyable experience. need to start turning people away if you cant cope with the biz, Tudor!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank silas555
GLASGOW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Just come back from a friend's leaving party at Tudor. Great meal and service , especially the young waiter who kindly asked the kitchen to make me a fruit salad as I am diabetic and could not have the deserts on the menu. The coffee was lovely as well. Terrific atmosphere and I was very impressed with my first visit to Tudor. Would certainly consider it for a family event in the future. Congratulations to all the staff in restaurant and bar.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MUFC3499
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I visited the hotel with my partner and our 2 year old son on the weekend of March 22nd. My sister was getting married in nearby Cumbernauld and recommended it to is. I was not disappointed, rooms were clean, staff were friendly. It was a lovely stay. The food each day was beautiful, I recommend the Philly cheese steak wrap. We stayed for 3 days and had breakfast every morning and a main meal in the evening. In total 12 of us stayed in the hotel including my parents, brothers and sisters , my auntie and cousin and some friends and EVERYBODY loved the food. The bar was great with lots of comfortable seating areas and the bar staff were very good. Keep up the good work, if I'm in the area in the future I will drop in.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank SHealy2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airdrie
Mondo Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Strathclyde
Premier Inn Glasgow (Motherwell) Hotel
Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club
Premier Inn Glasgow (Bellshill) Hotel

Been to The Tudor Hotel? Share your experiences!