“Wedding venue”
Review of The Tudor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Airdrie
The Tudor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Airdrie
lanarkshire
“Wedding venue”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I got married in the tudor hotel in July this yr, and have got to say that our wedding day was fantastic, the food the surroundings everything was lovely, sadly some of our wedding cards disappeared, our wedding coordinator was in control of these, I know we are not the only people who have had cards go missing, but we did report this and sadly the management were not one bit interested, as a matter of fact the treatment my husband got from the owner was appalling, so please let this be a lesson to anyone having a celebration in this venue, do not leave anything to chance, and it also puts a bad light on the really nice people that work here, thankfully the police have been a lot more helpful and understanding than the owners of this establishment

Room Tip: Was not impressed with the rooms
4 Thank pauline o

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed two nights during Commonwealth Games. The rail station is a 5 minute walk with regular trains to Glasgow and Edinburgh. Very friendly. When we checked in around 5pm, there was a noise from kitchen extractor. The receptionist said this went off at 9pm when the restaurant closed...which proved correct. We ate dinner at the hotel first night. Service and food choice excellent. Food excellent and reasonably priced. Had a drink in large bar area where some locals were playing folk music which was most enjoyable. Late back to hotel second night after Games. On day of leaving went to Airdrie Library which has vast records of local and family history. The museum chap Allan McKenzie was soooo helpful. Took away copies of streets and photos of where my ancestors lived. A great trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Tudor on the evening of August 8. This was my first time there since 2002. We were given the same room as I had then so I am comparing like with like when I say the standards have been driven up since then. The bedroom and bathroom are light years ahead of where they were then. I particularly liked the huge wall-mounted telly. Breakfast (included in the room rate) was pretty much standard Scottish breakfast fare: square sausage (which was actually round! but who's going to quibble about that?), bacon, and two nicely fried eggs, along with a potato scone that was gossamer thin (then again, I normally make my own potato scones and make them thick). The public areas have also benefited hugely from the family owners' investment and staff were friendliness itself from start to finish. I'll make a couple of suggestions, though. When looking for my iPhone on Saturday morning, I realised that the area behind the dressing table needed a good clean. The bathroom door, which I remember from 2000, really needs replacing to be in keeping with the updated furnishings. And I spotted one or two areas where the bathroom tiling needs a bit of regrouting. But the Tudor is exceptionally well position for access to Airdrie, literally a walk of several seconds from bus stops in both easterly and westerly directions, about a three-minute walk from Airdrie train station. Everyone knows where it is, making it an ideal place to stay and meet people. It is also the first hotel that I have checked into in several decades where the receptionist did not immedately demand my credit card, or even ask for it when I mentioned this. “There has to be an element of trust,” she said. Hospitable welcome from a hotel in the UK in 2014? Almost unheard of. Except at the Tudor.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BrianBollen
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Nice relaxing booth or tables, excellent service. Very clan, popular for wedding and events.

Wide variety of food at good price, generous portions, can attend casual or dressed up.
Plenty of car parking space.
Fantastic for a wee town.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
North Lanarkshire
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My son and daughter in law were married on the 26th July and hD their reception in the Tudor hotel. The whole day was fantastic, the table decorations were gorgeous as was the food which was all piping hot. The hotel staff bent over backwards for all of the guests on the day and the next day. A special thanks to Geraldine for her organisational skills which made the day as she was on the ball with everything.

2 Thank Susan R
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Lunch at the Tudor was only average. The service was probably the best part if the meal.
While I had the New York strip baguette I have to say I think it was slightly over priced for what was received. The two course Sunday menu us not great i am afraid

Stayed August 2014
Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My daughter and her husband booked this Hotel for there wedding on Saturday 26th July. I really don't know where to start but can I just say that from the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were treated like royalty. The service was outstanding. Can I just say a really big thank you to Geraldine, Arthur, Margaret, Derek and the rest of the team, (too many to mention). The reception area was gorgeous and the food was amazing. The whole experience was so relaxing as the staff all pulled together, took care of every aspect of the evening, and allowed us just to enjoy ourselves.The rooms were spotlessly clean, we had booked every room in the hotel so that we could all have breakfast the next morning. This was served up by the lovely Christina who, as always, greeted us with a smile and had us all eating a fantastic breakfast in no time. I am also gobsmacked at the poor review from one of the guests, but then again you can't please everyone. The Hotel has been refurbished, it is looking fantastic and is definitely up there with the best of them. Good luck with your trip to Coatbridge, you'll certainly need it. Geraldine and Arthur work extremely hard in providing a first class service for their clientele. I have been frequentlng this Hotel ever since the Moylan family took it over and I can honestly say I have recommended this Hotel to friends, family and work colleagues over the years and have always had positive feedback from them. We have attended Christmas party nights, family functions, tribute nights and even funerals and the service has always been first class. So once again, I'd just like to say a very big thank you on behalf of our extended family for making our day so enjoyable and providing us with first class service from start to finish.

Room Tip: All rooms light, bright and airy.
1 Thank lesleygee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airdrie
Mondo Hotel
Bruce Hotel
Bruce Hotel
#7 of 7 in East Kilbride
The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel

Been to The Tudor Hotel? Share your experiences!