“A hidden gem!”
Review of Christines

Christines
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Airdrie
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We serve freshly cooked meals ranging from our lighter options at lunch time which include everything from soup and a sandwich through to tower burgers and pizzas. Then in the evening we have our a la carte menu with dishes such as salmon, chicken and steaks from our local butchers.
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We discovered this little restaurant by accident, didn't know of it's existence. I can't understand why! We have had a number of coffees, cakes, and lunches here, every meal delicious. Go for steak pie and home-made soup, both truly scrumptious. Only complaint, side-salad is a bit limp, but I can live with that! My niece's favourite place now! Home-baking is very good quality. I am a passionate baker and they live up to my expectations. The £9.99 two course lunch is fab value, includes a drink, which is a bonus. Coffee is also great quality. Well done Christine's!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have had food here on many occasions but never thought to review it until now. Had a wonderful breakfast there this morning! The premises are very clean and welcoming and the food is varied and cooked very well. The prices are very fair and the service is great.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just love Christine's Dutch Apple cake and her Lentil soup but don't eat them in that order that's just my preference!!! A nice quiet and relaxing afternoon was had by all in a bright refreshing atmosphere and the friendly staff add to the enjoyment. The food and drink is very reasonably priced and I especially appreciate my carry out breakfasts over the years. Definitely a thumbs up from me.

1  Thank Des T
Reviewed 4 July 2013

... you'll enjoy the food on offer at this compact little restaurant on Airdrie's main thoroughfare!

Visited for dinner/high tea and was presented with about 3 (or was it 4??) different menus/sheets - all very confusing - ladies, please have a look at this - why not put it all in the 1 with maybe just another sheet for high tea??

Anyway, it didn't spoil the food (great), or service (very attentive). Reasonably priced too.

Agree with another reviewer that at times you can hear conversations at other tables, but again it doesn't spoil the meal - infact for me it makes the whole place seem down to earth and quite homely!! The ladies try very hard, so overall I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Small,intimate reastaurant. Lunch menu has something to suit everyone. Homemade soup is always a winner-great choice. Also great choice of sandwiches or to sties. Hot food and salads are on menu too-all very tasty. They can alter dishes to suit personal taste. Delicious cakes/desserts to finish your meal. Pleasant attentive staff ensure your meal is enjoyable.