“Disappointing welcome at Guidis..”
Review of trattoria Guidi

trattoria Guidi
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Airdrie
Price range: US$0 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Booked a table at Guidis for 7.30pm on 6/6/14. On arrival at the restaurant the Maître D' informed me that they did not have a booking in my name and suggested that perhaps I booked it in another name. He eventually tracked my booking down but it had apparently been written in the wrong date in the diary. We then had to wait a short time to be seated as the restaurant was busy which defeats the purpose of making a booking in the first place. My friends and I quite often dine in Guidis on a Friday evening as we work in the local hospital. We were not offered any apology about the error and I feel the Maitre D' could certainly brush up on his manners. He is obviously not very happy at his work. Its a shame as the food is great although not cheap. The young waiting staff are very efficient and friendly and I do not agree with previous comments I have read about them. I think they do a good job.

3  Thank Ann L
There are newer reviews for trattoria Guidi

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Place has lost it's shine for me.
Large restaurant but place empty. Visited on a week day. No atmosphere and service almost hostile. No friendly greeting, food bland. Portion size ok but price is no longer reasonable, shame. Not be going back until I hear if major changes.
Choice too great now so better elsewhere for me now.

2  Thank ledona5
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have sirloin in here its nothing special ...il say the peppercorn sauce it's lovley but overpriced again...they've got lovely tap water I have a glass very nice , I've been to a few places like hart'ys they're tap water is rank.

1  Thank telGlasgow
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Really enjoyed our visit. The restaurant is pleasant although the service on Saturday evening was on the very slow side! Eventually managed to order a drink and it appeared about 25 minutes later, by which time we were rather parched, to say the least!! We then ordered our food and it was also very pleasant, if a little overpriced. On the whole, we had a lovely evening. It wasn't the best Italian restaurant we have visited, however, it wasn't the worst!!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

After visiting Dimaggios in Airdrie we fancied a change of scene and plumped for Guidis across the road. Lovely interior but food was lacklustre, tiny portions and the macaroni cheese was, well, embarrassing for a wee pub let alone an Italian. I'd sooner get a ready meal. Do visit Dimaggios across the road far better all round.

1  Thank WeeScots