Acer Guesthouse
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My wife & I were looking for somewhere to pass a single night en-route to visit family further north. Linda & John made us welcome as if we were old friends - of long standing, not age. What a wonderful time we had. We will certainly return on the first opportunity that arises. The facilities are second to none. We have stayed in all types of hotels all over the world and must say that none have exceeded the standard that we enjoyed with Linda & John. The comfort, the quality of food, the facilities, the welcome.... all wonderful. What a fantastic advertisement for Scottish hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My husband and I (no - I'm not the Queen!) looked for a B & B in Perth for a one night stay as our son was playing at the Concert Hall. What a fantastic choice this guesthouse turned out to be, with a very quiet location overlooking the park. Very friendly welcome, lovely clean and comfortable room, with amazing ensuite, and a fabulous breakfast. We met another couple who had been to the concert and enjoyed a very leisurely and delicious breakfast - Linda and John left us chatting for ages. If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Perth - this has to be the one! We'll certainly be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 100Janet
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My cousin and I stayed at the Acer Guesthouse in July 2011 and my spouse and I stayed there in July of 2012 and both experiences were great. Linda and John are so very wonderful, you are treated more like a friend then a guest. They are a very darling couple, always happy, easy going, and fun loving people. The B&B is immaculate, the price is affordable, Linda’s scones are out of this world and the breakfasts are fabulous. They make sure you receive enough to eat. I stayed in 2 different rooms and both of the rooms were very nice and super clean. The B&B is across the street from a park, a short walk or taxi ride from the train station and a very easy walk into the center of town. When visiting Perth, this is the place to stay. JMS

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judi S
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Splendid, welcoming, clean, very attractive decor & bedlinen, etc. Quiet area. Highly recommended.
Great shower en suite.
Delicious filling cooked breakfast with lots of fruit, yoghurts, etc to choose from as well as the cereals.
Linda treated us to homemade cakes each day, placed on the tea tray in the bedroom. Thank you - much appreciated.
10 mins walk across the park from the railway station and to the town centre. Views across park from front bedroom.
Very friendly and helpful. After a very wet walk, Linda and John helped dry us out!

Room Tip: Make sure you have shower facilities as not all B&B's have them.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue G
Reviewed 5 September 2012

A Lovely, clean, friendly guesthouse providing perfect accomodation. My room was very comfortable with a wonderful shower in the en suite. Breakfast was cooked to order by Linda and was delicious.
The situation, across from the park is pleasant and a short stroll through the park takes you into Perth where there are plenty of shops, eating places and friendly wine bars.
I needed to cancel my homeward booking due to illness and although I could only do this 2 days before, Linda kindly refunded my payment.
I strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo