“Excellent birthday meal including the extra attention to detail”

The Roost Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 204 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$16 - US$63
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tim & Anna Dover work together at the restaurant, Anna is in charge of table service and Tim exercises his skills as Head Chef in the kitchen, and in his words..."My wife and I opened the Roost Restaurant in the village of Kintillo near Bridge of Earn, just outside Perth, in the summer of 2008. Five years on the restaurant is firmly established in the area and we are known for our extensive use of Scottish ingredients, which I prepare in the classical French style that I have learnt in kitchens at home and abroad throughout my career.We are proud of the strong relationships we have developed with Scottish food and drink suppliers and always produce a locally sourced, sustainable and seasonal menu.Our dedication doesn't end in the kitchen as we enjoy fishing and foraging for our own ingredients - including wild garlic, alexanders and chanterelles - many of which appear on the menus throughout the year.But nothing is more sustainable than our new kitchen garden that features vegetables and herbs used in the restaurant. Throughout the summer months we are able to use our own supply of herbs, salads and vegetables such as potatoes, chard, baby carrots, beetroots, leeks, broad beans and purple sprouting broccoli while flowers are also grown for the restaurant."
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I booked Roost for my wife's birthday due to the location being en route home from a family wedding the day before. I contacted Anna in advance of the booking as my wife really wanted a piece of cake to celebrate her birthday and not only was this provided as a special request (for only £3) the cake was delicious. However due to the high quality of the other two courses the cake wasn't even the highlight. I had delicious wood pigeon with figs to start and a fantastically cooked piece of sea bass for main, while my wife had melt in the mouth mackeral and perfectly cooked Roast beef for main.

All in all the service, food and atmosphere was exactly what we were after on a rainy Sunday afternoon - perfect, thanks to Anna and team for extra attention to detail (and the cake!).

1  Thank Fraser S
There are newer reviews for The Roost Restaurant

Reviewed 6 August 2014

A favourite of mine and my wife always a warm welcome with friendly staff and even are accommodating with veg options. Can't wait to come back

1  Thank Jim684
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our first lunch time visit to this wonderful restaurant , having visited twice previously for dinner (see reviews posted on Trip-advisor) we were once again delighted with EVERY aspect in service, menu choice, food, presentation and ambiance.
They offer a set 3 course (no choice) lunch menu or the option to choose course by course from their lunchtime alacarte menu. The choices on the alacarte menu were simply amazing, but when our food arrived the presentation was truly AMAZING and then came the absolutely TRUELY AMAZING TASTE !!!
This quality comes at a cost, but it is a great venue for a relaxing and quiet lunchtime get together with some friends knowing that EVERYTHING will be exactly what you could want or expect.

4  Thank ROBERT S
Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was difficult to make choices from the menu as all sounded so good. When the food arrived it did not disappoint. Presentation was excellent and it tasted as good as it looked.
We all agreed it was a superb meal, so much enjoyed.
The service was friendly and efficient.

2  Thank DONANDMAY
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Amazing food at a sweet little restaurant on the outskirts of Perth. As soon as we walked through the door we could tell we were in for a special evening. Very friendly and welcoming staff and outstanding service from all. The food was exquisite and beautifully presented by the two chefs at this remarkable bijoux restaurant. They absolutely out did themselves and without a doubt deserves a Michelin star!
If you want fantastic food and a warm friendly atmosphere go to the roost for a truly special evening.

3  Thank LeahDawns