“Not Good!”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Not Good!”
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Hotel was nice staff were lovely but unfortunatley I was very dissapointed with breakfast it was inedible the hot choice was sausages and scrambled egg you had to serve them yourself and make your own toast! Sausages didnt taste like they were made from real meat and even the coffee was horible. We are not fussy eaters and I have never complained anywhere before but this really was poor. Premier inn manage a really nice breakfast for the same price of room.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
chazperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, 12 April 2011
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

Your feedback is invaluable to us and I was very pleased to see that you found the hotel and staff to be lovely.

I was really disappointed however, that our complimentary Express Breakfast Buffet was not what you expected and that you felt the quality of certain items was poor. Further to extensive customer feedback, we enhanced the buffet selection with the addition of 2 hot items, while still retaining the self-service element and the wide continental options our customers have told us they love.

I really hope that this experience has not deterred you from staying with us, as I would like to welcome you back the the hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Karen A. Johnston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Stayed with husband, two kids and two dogs for an overnight while at a ceilidh. Hotel is very new and bright and fresh looking. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was fairly basic but very clean and the beds comfortable and warm. Pillows weren't that great. The bathroom was modern & clean and the shower quite powerful and hot. The hotel was perfect for our dogs - we were at the far end of the hotel and could use the stairway at the side so as not to disturb other guests.
Breakfast was in the foyer and was self-serve but there was a good choice of cereals, toast, drinks plus scrambled egg and sausage.
There's also a very nice family steak house restaurant right next door for dinner/lunch.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
chazperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was so thrilled to see such favorable comments and I am delighted that the facilities and service at the hotel were just what you needed for you, your family and your doggies!
I am pleased that you felt our Express Buffet Breakfast offered you a great choice and I shall also pass your comments on to the 'Eating Inn' restaurant next door.

I look forward to welcoming you all (doggies included!) back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Aberdeen
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Booked online in advance and got a rate of £38,so i booked it as was putting my car in to the BMW garage across the road.Check in went as expected being a Priority Club Member everything was waiting for me and was greeted my a smiling girl(what a nice change).Room was your typical Express Inn room and everything seemed to be in order apart from a few things.
Could of been doing with a biscuit with my tea tho lol,sure they don`t cost too much to supply like most other hotels.
There was no Info at hand inn room about times of breakfast etc,but dont worry this can be found on the menu on your very small CRT tv,but you will need to go up close to read it,Small LCD tvs would be much better,(again most other hotels have them)
My loo roll holder was broken,no big deal as i don`t even have one in my house(But i dont rent out my room)
The Mattress was very soft and sagged in the middle(sure if there was 2 in the bed it would of just sagged everywhere)
There were little domes in the mattress with bits of plastic that digs into your back,i landed up sleeping on top of the duvet to give me more custion and that seemed to work.
Breakfast in the morning was as expected,Over crowded buffet breakfast,with folk looking as if they have never seen food before.

One more thing i would add is the carpark is pretty big at front and huge at rear,but although it is well lit and cctv i would never leave my car there as i prefer a Security gate entrance/exit in my hotels to keep out all the non staying guests using it(there were plenty of those as they were at resturant next door)..Talking of Resturants the Eating inn gets 10/10 from me(seperate email going direct to the manager with nothing but praise)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

It was great to see you taking advantage of our 'Advance Purchase' offer, there are some great deals available throughout the whole year. I am delighted that you were welcomed with a nice smile, it does make a big difference doesn't it. Thank you for the extremely constructive feedback with regard to your bedroom, I'm sure we will have picked on the maintenance issues already and I am also delighted to advise you that we are investing in flat screen TV's this year for all guest bedrooms.

I shall also pass your feedback on to the 'Eating Inn' next door. I am sure they will be thrilled to see you gave them a 10 out of 10!

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Ayr, Scotland
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Booked two nights and would go back any time. Staff very pleasant and helpful, rooms spotless and well decorated,and kettle and tea, coffee etc most welcome.
Despite being busy hotel was very quiet at night, never a disturbance.
Only criticism was duvets were a little light and short for this time of year.
If you like a bath then there is only a shower but it is an excellent one.
Would book Holiday Inn Express in future in preference to any other budget hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
chazperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, 22 February 2011
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was delighted to read such complimentary feedback covering many aspects of the service and facilities that we provide and I certainly take on board your comment regarding the duvets. It's been an extremely cold winter this year hasn't it and we shall review this going forward.

Thank you so much for continuing to choose the Holiday Inn Express brand over any other budget hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to Perth in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Bolton
Reviewed 6 January 2011

All Holiday Inn Express Hotels offer value for money and similar facilities and I stay in many. The key difference at Perth is every single member of staff makes you feel especially welcome and looks forward to your return. I have drove extra miles to stay their again.
Facilities for the Business Traveller ; Value, Location, Smoking Rooms, Free in room WIFI, Good Parking, Petrol Station and Good Food Pub next door. Recommend Chan's for Chineese delivery and a smashing bacon roll from clean burger van parked as you leave the Hotel. I don't get all this at Hilton's for three times the price !

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Keifer123
chazperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, 21 January 2011
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel. I was delighted to read such favourable comments and equally pleased that the facilities and services that we offer are exactly what you are looking for when staying away from home.
I shall pass your feedback on to my team here who take great pride in making our customers feel as welcome as you obviously do.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I've stayed in many Express by Holiday Inn hotels over the years, but this year they introduced hot breakfasts to upgrade their previous inclusive continental breakfast. From what I've seen, they should give it up and revert to their well proven previous formula. Their service area is now badly overcrowded,but worse, on this stay (not untypical) of the four hotplates, two were stocked - lift the lid and both had frankfurter type sausages, nothing else. I sat with a slice of toast and waited: eventually another dish arrived, and guess what - the same sausages. So you can have a hot breakfast of suasages, nothing else.
Given that they are now totally uncompetitive compared to Innkeepers Lodge, Premier Inns etc (up here, generally £100) I have become a bit disenchanted.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
chazperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, 30 September 2010
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was so disappointed to read that you did not enjoy our recent upgrade in the Breakfast Buffet that we offer. Further to extensive customer feedback, as a company we decided to add limited hot items and for this hotel, sausage and scrambled egg was chosen. I am sorry on this occassion that only the sausage was available.

With regard to the rates, these can vary depending on the availability and so if there is high demand in the area, this availability can become very limited. This would be similar with any other hotel in any location. We always try to remain competitive and offer real value for money and that was one of the reasons why we have included the Hot Breakfast items at no additional cost ot our customers.

I really hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, when we will try and restore your faith in the product and service that we offer.

Scotland
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Stay here quite often due to working in the area every couple of weeks. Staff are always great and very helpful. Location is good for access to Perth and the motorway network. Restaurant is next door and numerous takeaways nearby. Free Wifi in rooms is a huge bonus. Will be staying again in a week or two, looking forward to it.

P.s (The indian, Nice n spicy is nice, hope the guys on reception enjoyed the Pakora i bought for them !!!)

Thanks again

Steven

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank lad81
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was delighted to see that you choose to return to the hotel regularly and you find the staff to be so helpful and friendly. It's one of our main goals to ensure our guests feel as welcome as we possibly can, so it is lovely to get such positive feedback. I'm glad you take advantage of the FREE WiFi. It certainly is a great benefit, isn't it.

I will pass your feedback on to Nice n' Spicy and I'm sure my staff enjoyed the Pakora you got them!!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the next couple of weeks and I would love to say 'hello' in person if you have the time.