“Great value”

Holiday Inn Express Perth
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed one night and was very impressed. Clean, modern and spacious. Very easy to find and found the price fabulous.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
chazperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

It looks like you had a great stay with us and I shall share your super comments with my team.
I was delighted you found us to be great value for money and hope you will return and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

booked in at the holiday express at Perth by Almondsbank roundabout on fri day 24/2/2012 the staff on duty were well presented and efficent(dana) the room was well lit tea making facility,s.breakfast was more than plentlyful saus -scrambled egg-beans toast juices teas/coffee and all other goodies.cereals jams marmite marmalade also diabetic jams wi-fi by voucher from recption free parking the nightporter checks the carsthrough out the night area is very quiet at being on the outskirts of town.plenty of places to visit Huntingtower castle-black watch museum-st ninans cathederal scone place.Pub next door for reanonably priced meals.

Room Tip: it,s a budget hotel you serve your self for b/fast then put your tray on the place provided staff gr...

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed so many of the facilities that we offer here and also had the opportunity to visit some of the lovely attractions that the Perth area has to offer. Next time you visit, if you would like us to recommend some other places of interest please don't hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Our room was clean and large. The breakfast was very good. Staff very attentive. There is a very nice restaurant next to the hotel.

1  Thank lorrainemcdonald79

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was pleased to see your lovely comments and shall share them with my team here at the hotel and the ownership of the restaurant next door, who I know shall also appreciate them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is a typical express by holiday inn. The room is a fair size and is perfectly adequate. The whole place was clean and in a good state of repair. The bathroom was the standard design for this group and was fine, although I could not get the water in the shower to an acceptable temperature in the morning, i suppose demand was high. Breakfast in the morning was good, I only had toast and corn flakes, but there was plenty of choice. Parking at the hotel is plentiful.

I ate dinner at the pub next door as I arrived late on, and it was perfectly acceptable fare.

I would stay here again.. in fact I am going back later this month.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ronandkristin

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was pleased to see such favourable comments, but I must apologise if your shower temperature was not as desired. It may have been the high demand as you have noted but may also have been a maintenance concern so thank you for bringing that to my attention.

I'm glad you enjoyed our Express Buffet Breakfast and I shall also pass your comments on to the ownership of the restaurant next door where you dined the night before.

So pleased to see you return later in the month and I hope to meet you sometime in the future when staying again at the hotel.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed here on our way to the northwest. We didn't have a prior booking but that didn't pose any problems and the reception quickly allocated a room to us. We were offered the option of a smoking double or non smoking twin (we took the twin) and, on discovering that our car was parked at the back, the receptionist made sure we had a room from which our car was visible - not particularly necessary as it was quiet but a thoughtful touch. All in all very efficient and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable, not luxurious but perfectly adequate. It had a TV, hairdryer, hard or soft option pillows and shower/hand gel. WiFi was available by voucher from the reception. The self service breakfast was better than we had expected - coffee, tea, fruit juices, toast, cereals, pastries and a small selection of cooked items - enough to see us through till lunch. We would not hestitate to use the hotel again.

1  Thank HeatherC064

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I am delighted you chose to stop and stay over with us and that you found the welcome to be a warm one. I shall pass your comments on to Reception regarding the allocation of your room as I know they will be pleased that you appreciated the thoughtful touch. I'm delighted you enjoyed the other elements of your stay too and that you wouldn't hesitate to stay with us again.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Hogmany as we were attending the Ceilidh at the Perth Races that night. The staff were exceptionally cheerful and welcoming upon arrival and were extremely helpful in booking us a taxi for the City Centre. The room was very warm (much appreciated due to the rain outside) and was very clean and quite spacious. The buffet breakfast the following morning was delicious and the choice of hot and cold continental breakfast was ideal for a hangover!! The Manager of the hotel was most helpful allowing us to wait for our pick up in the front seating area and offered us tea and coffee whilst we waited. The Holiday Inn is a homely, friendly hotel which we continue to use whenever visiting the Perth Races and will continue to do so! It is also pet friendly and has smoking rooms which is a bonus. One point to note is if booking directly through the website be sure to tick the box for the additional guest only if there are an intended 3 people staying in the room (and not 2 which I had incorrectly thought and was charged for). The staff again though were prompt and efficient to re-imburse for my misdemeanour. All in all a great place to stay on Hogmany (or anytime of the year for that matter!)

Room Tip: There was no noise in any of the rooms we have stayed in.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CleoCairo

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

It was great that you chose to stay with us while bringing in the New Year at Perth Racecourse and I am delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. I agree, I have a wonderful and friendly team here at the hotel who are always on hand to offer help where required.

Thank you also for the 'handy hint' to other travellers and I am pleased we were able to assist in sorting this for you with the minimum of fuss.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We were in Perth for a night out and wanted somewhere inexpensive to stay which we booked online. We found the hotel OK, but went a bit wrong with the car parking which is not so straight-forward in the dark. The room was clean & warm - I find the HIE beds a bit small as we are used to king size, not double. I loved the Scottish Fine Soaps toiletries - totally unexpected in a budget hotel! The bar/reception staff was very welcoming and helpful.

The hotel is a wee bit out of town so we needed taxis in & out. I would imagine that during the day you could take a local bus into the centre - otherwise it's a long walk.

The free (free-for-all) breakfast was perfectly adequate, its not a relaxing affair, but you get what you pay for. Overall, we were impressed and would definitely stay here again if visiting Perth.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was pleased to see that you found us to be great value for money and I agree, the Scottish soaps are a nice touch in the guest bathrooms. Thank you for the feedback regarding finding us in the dark, I shall review all hotel access lighting to ensure it's as effective as possible.

Although we are slightly out of the main town centre, there are regular buses throughout the day, and of course a taxi later at night if you prefer.