“Fantastic value for money”

Holiday Inn Express Perth
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Just came home from a 2 night stay at HIE Perth, travelling with my young family, such fantastic value for money. Friendly staff, free wifi, large selection of tv channels to keep the children happy, and a great breakfast selection. Clean, comfy, spacious room. Shall definitely return soon.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed 13 October 2012

We had a one night stay here on our way north. Rooms were comfortable but attention to cleanliness of mugs is needed. Also only 3 paper tissues remained in the box in the bathroom which implied meanness.
Since our last visit -a few years ago- the layout of the breakfast area has changed somewhat. It has a squashed feel to it with furnishing slightly on the large side.
On previous visits we felt we had more satisfactory stays.
Spot checks by management eg in bedrooms/bathrooms and ease of access within breakfast area are necessary. Management also should brief certain members of staff to smile or at least look happy.
This hotel could perform better with very little adjustment.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
gmhiexperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I must start with apologizing if you found your bedroom mugs to be anything less than spotless. We pride ourselves in offering an extremely high level of cleanliness and we have carried out refresher training with the housekeeping team to ensure there is no repeat of this issue. With regard to the paper towels, we would have been delighted to replace this once it had run out. Next time, please don't hesitate to just ask Reception.

The breakfast area has been upgraded several times over the last few years, but seating numbers have not been reduced. Sorry you felt a bit 'squashed' and I certainly take this on board for any future enhancements we may make.

I was really disappointed to read your comments about staff members not smiling. As I am unsure to who this is directed, I have reminded ALL staff of the importance of smiling and the impression that can be created. I always get such great comments about my team and I hope next time you stay with us, you will see all of them smiling genuinely and welcoming you back to the hotel.

Thank you for all your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

The receptionists were very welcoming and told us about what we could see and do in the area. The room was clean, quiet and tidy and the breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn Express fayre, but with some hot dishes on the side, which were welcome.
Good to see free Wifi in the rooms, although the signal was a bit weak.
Ample free parking on site and a good restaurant next door

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
gmhiexperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was pleased to see you received a lovely, friendly welcome and found my team to be so helpful. We pride ourselves in offering the very best in customer care and the team will be delighted when I share your comments with them.

The FREE breakfast and WiFi are great benefits and thank you for your feedback as we are reviewing our WiFi offering at the moment and hope to have an enhanced product available in the near future.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

A decent hotel with nice helpful staff. Clean rooms with a standard Holiday Inn Express layout. Bar area/reception a bit small and can feel a little crowded, but nothing to be too concerned about.

Easy to find, and a good location if you are not needing to be in the city centre. There is also a really nice pub/restaurant next door. I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and found my team to
be nice and helpful. I shall pass your lovely comments on to the restaurant next door and we also
have a billback agreement with a city centre restaurant called Summers that you may like to try next time you visit. Our guests can also enjoy a 10% discount there while staying with us.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in August this year and it is a good place to lay your head down for the night. It's clean and tidy with everything you need and everything as it should be for this type and standard of hotel. I like to book with this group of hotels as the rewards programme is quite good. Also, to have breakfast included in the price is a big advantage (both cooked and continental). We would stay here again as there is nothing wrong with this hotel, it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

Such great comments and I will be sure to share them all with my team here at hotel. Our loyalty scheme Priority Club, offers so many great benefits and I am delighted you are pleased with your membership of this. Our FREE Express Buffet Breakast is also a great advantage and offers excellent choice to set you up for the day ahead!

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Very handy location on the outskirts of the town. Rooms were very clean and tidy actually surprisingly clean for a holiday inn. Bar and restaurant are the usual Holiday inn spec nothing wrong with them but closer to canteen than hotel styling. The internet however leave a lot to be desired it was that slow I thought I was hearing old dial up modem noises. For the price paid it really was pretty good.

Reasonable pub around the corner if you are looking for something to eat or drink.

Room Tip: get a room away from the road if you like your window open at night
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

Our location is super just on the outskirts of Perth and with great access to all the major motorway link ups. I was really pleased to see you found the hotel to be clean, tidy and welcoming and thank you for the great feedback regarding the WiFi. We are in the process of reviewing this and hope to be able to offer an enhanced product in the near future.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We spent last night at the Holiday Inn Express in Perth and were impressed. Free Wi fi and breakfast included in the the Price of £68 per night for twin room. it was clean and comfortable and staff welcoming.

Room Tip: Be sure to request twin or double room don't lerave it to chance.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank copsham
gmhiexperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was delighted that you were impressed with the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. The FREE WiFi and Express buffet breakfast are a great bonus aren't they!

As you noted on your 'Room Tips', we offer a 'Standard Room' choice which then means the room type will be allocated upon arrival or you can indeed select a 'Twin' or 'Double' room if you wish to secure the room type in advance. This is fully explained on our website and thank you for mentioning it to other readers.

Thank you once again for all your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.