“Holiday Inn Express, Perth UK”

Holiday Inn Express Perth
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Holiday Inn Express, Perth UK”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel just as expected from this chain of hotels. Clean rooms,etc & friendly staff. stayed there in February this year & hotel was quite busy but staff coped well with the busy breakfast buffet. The only thing that I would criticise regarding the buffet & restaurant area is, that it was right by the main reception area & no partition. I did feel it needed to be separated from the main door as guests checking out or in were overlooking the diners and the door opening & closing did mean we were sitting in a draft. But I would still recommend this hotel. We have it booked again for the Scone Vintage rally weekend in September :-)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Morag M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to Perth.

We pride ourselves on the high level of service we provide and I have shared your thoughts with the team. We all appreciate when a guest takes the time to let other travellers know they were happy with the service provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in September on your next visit to Perth.

Kind regards

Morag Morgan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Ok, firstly l am a Platinum IHG Card holder and l arrived at 22:30 with a party of 5 after a long drive, l might as well have been a tramp walking in from the street looking for a room without a booking. The young lad who booked us in looked as though he was ready to get his head down in the office behind the reception and he couldn't have been more uninterested in our needs if he had tried. As a Platinum Card holder l usually get offered a free drinks voucher or 300 points for my Rewards Card, l also get a envelope on arrival with a welcome note, thanks for supporting Holiday Inn etc etc.....NOPE, none of that here in Perth!

I eventually got into the room after a waste of 25 minutes of my life sorting out our bookings, needless to say l was absolutely shattered after the drive so bed was the first thing on my mind. That was a disappointment to say the least, the beds in this hotel are pathetic and the pillows, don't get me started on them. I can't curse on here but l was cursing that place after sleeping there. I have took a few pictures showing you how thick the pillows were, l'm sure you will agree, they are unacceptable. Apart from the pillows that you could get from Asda for £1 and the toilet roll that you wouldn't use in a prison the rooms were fairly clean, but only fairly!

FREE BREAKFAST, this is the biggest joke ever, if l was Holiday Inn l would take this off as it is pure slop and this one at the Perth Hotel isn't fit for pig feed. ONE SOCKET, yes that's what is in the room, ONE miserable electric socket. What the hell is a modern traveller supposed to do with one socket? FREE INTERNET, even bigger joke, very few Holiday Inns have good WiFi but Perth was crap, non exsistent, had to go out and buy a MiFi to get Internet......its 2014 for Gods sake!

To summarise, this place is definitely not worth £90+ per night, not when most other Holiday Inns are £60, for work were off to Dublin tomorrow and will be staying in the Crowne Plaza at Blanchardstown, £75 per night and its 5 times better than this place. Unfortunately we are working in Perth several more times this year and l need three rooms each visit so we have to find somewhere as a alternative now. This was my WORST Holiday Inn experience so far and this is a Holiday Inn that the company should be ashamed off, it was terrible, get into a B&B if you come to Perth, not this place!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank BillyDixon
Morag M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Mr Dixon,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

I was shocked to read about your recent experience. As you can see from our numerous reviews, our guest service experience and team members are what people like about this hotel. I would like you to contact me at the hotel so that I can establish who was on duty when you checked in so that I can address this situation and ensure that it does not happen again.

Thank You again for your feedback as it is only through our customer comments that we can continuously improve.

Warmest Regards,

Morag Morgan
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stopped at this Holiday inn Perth on our way to go further up in the Highlands on Fri 17th. Very nice Hotel but was let down with upgraded WIFI don't think Reception Staff knew what to do but she was nice & friendly tho. The room was very clean & we had a great night sleep.
The Breakfast was also a let down they where nothing much for all guest we had to wait on Baked Beans etc.I decided Id have Scrambled egg on toast & the eggs where horrible. So ended up having just toast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Morag M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Perth. Our guest feedback is very important to us to help us improve the service we provide. I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed our hot breakfast.

I hope that should your travels bring you back to Perth, that you will come back and stay with us again.

Kind regards
Northampton
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was a perfect location for me on a business trip. The hotel had good parking, a comfortable room which was clean and had a good shower, TV and hot drinks facilities. Everything you would expect from Holiday Inn really. The breakfast should be viewed as a bonus rather than something you are looking forward to. It's in the room price and gives you an adequate start to the day. Nice friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cobblersteve
Scotland
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I visited this Holiday Inn express previously and had a problem with their speed bumps ripping off my mudflaps (which are attached to the wheel arch trim). When I revisited, I took the speed bumps very slowly, literally rolling over them rather than using any acceleration. Unfortunately the same thing happened and I was minus a mudflap/wheel arch trim. I mentioned this when I checked in and was told that the speed bump outside the property next door had nothing to do with them. This was interesting as I had not mentioned which speed bump caused my problem. I was told that the reception staff would mention it to the manager. When I checked out I mentioned it again and was told that it didn't cause anyone else problems. I have a Honda civic so not an unusual car but just wanted to warn other drivers of this potential hazard.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rural-traveller
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Rural-traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the speed bumps. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

From the welcome desk, till the checkout, including each and every member of the staff I met in between, they were all smiling, very kind and helpful. That alone would deserve five points. The rooms are a little outdated, while clean and comfortable. Cold breakfast choices were very good, for being an HI express: ample and quality selection of yogurts, jams, fresh fruits, cereals, cheese, and juices. Warm options were not of the same quality: scrambled eggs, sausages, croissants didn't reach the bar. Nice recognition of my platinum membership with an unexpected little gift left under the room's door.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We booked holiday inn express for a one night break which was much needed after working so much over the festive period. We were warmly welcomed and upon seeing our room were pleasantly surprised the room was of good size and very clean.
As the hotel is a short drive from city centre we choose to dine at the restaurant next door then relax in our room we were a little shocked that to watch a movie cost £8.50 :0
The breakfast was freshly cooked and of an average array was sufficient.
Lovely stay overall thanks