“Comfy rooms, great staff”
Review of The Station Hotel

The Station Hotel
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Perth
Devon, United Kingdom
“Comfy rooms, great staff”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Good hotel staff seem to be getting harder to find, at the station hotel staff were very friendly and helped us with bike storage without any fuss or bother. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Despite being next to the station there was no noise and we had an excellent nights sleep. Unfortunately the price we paid excluded breakfast which was a shame as it was a reasonably expensive stop on our 21 day cycle up to John O'Groats. If breakfast was included it would have scored a 5.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Warren C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Polish first
Bowmore, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had a mini break at Easter Weekend and stayed at Station Hotel, Perth. We had a standard double room which was very welcoming, clean and spacious. The price of our room was fantastic considering it was a bank holiday weekend. I worried with it being next to a train station that I might be listening to trains pass all night....didnt hear a thing. The building is beautiful. The staff friendly and all happy. Obviously a good working environment. We were made welcome from the beginning. I loved the 'meet and greet' arrangement with free glass of bucks fizz at 6.30. We attended and met other people staying in the hotel which was nice because the next morning at breakfast we felt we all knew each other. The breakfast was plentiful and on a Sunday we even managed a long lie because breakfast stopped at 10.30. I especially like the fish in beer batter...soooo tasty. The hotel is a 10 minute walk away from the main shopping area and handy for bus/train connections. Perth is lovely and the surrounding area is beautiful. The manager Daniel Stewart also did his tourist board bit and helped us out with directions and information on local interests. We found this hotel very friendly and relaxed. I would definately go back.

1 Thank mmcg67
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I decided on an early April break and chose Perth . The hotel was handy for both the train station and the centre of Perth . A good selection of restaurants and the bonus was a small Saturday market set up on one of the main shopping streets.

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I went to visit my family in Perth with my two children. We couldn't stay with them so booked into the Station Hotel.
We had a family room and it was huge. I couldn't believe my luck because all the other hotels seemed to have
prices at least 50% higher. I was concerned when I looked at Tripadvisor, but honestly I don't understand how this hotel
could be 16 out of 16 hotels in Perth. Children loved it, we all felt very comfortable there...
We had full Scottish breakfast which was great, much too big for me in fact.
We had a snack in the evening and enjoyed the atmosphere.
We'll be visiting again soon and we will stay at the Station Hotel if we can't stay with our family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank M K
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have just arrived home to Edinburgh after spending a lovely relaxing night at the Station Hotel followed by a day at Auchingarrich Wildlife Center in Comrie with our daughter and granddaughter so our relaxing stay at the Station Hotel the night before was appreciated very much. I have got to say the rooms were very clean, spacious and comfortable the dinner and breakfast was also very good.
And the Staff were very welcoming and friendly.
Yes the Hotel is getting on but holding her head up very well

Room Tip: Look for special offers
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Inky293
Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Myself and my husband stayed here for 2 nights and although the rooms were very basic they are comfortable. The bathrooms are large but the showers are very small and I am a small person which struggled to move around. The staff are friendly and the food was good. It is situated in a good position not far from the city centre. We would stay again.

1 Thank cathyThursoscotland
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel was as expected; a little tired in places but warm, welcoming, plenty of space and great value when compared to a Travel Lodge, which has no space or attentive staff. My grown up children and partners were welcomed when they visited with games and fun in the foyer - table football and a quiz, which was not frowned upon. They were made welcome in the perfectly decorated dining room - elegant and warm. Breakfast was a delight every morning, and although travelling alone, I did not feel uncomfortable - always daily papers to read at breakfast, with such friendly attentive staff. The room was comfortable, but no view which I guess I could have asked to change but I was only there to sleep and relax so it wasn't a problem. My son was getting married and my daughter in law got dressed and left from the hotel with me on the morning of the wedding which again the staff were happy to accommodate. I would stay there again as great value for money and plenty of character and history

Room Tip: Ask for a nice view of the grounds - I will if I go there again
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo