“great stop for golfers”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hetton, United Kingdom
“great stop for golfers”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Just finished a 3 day golf trip with 8 lads at this hotel and what an experience. The hotel booked all the course and the hotel it self the very clean and tidy and the food hit the spot at breakfast time and 3 course set menu after a long days golf was fab. Many thanks to Lorraine events manager and mark deputy managers. Also thank you to Helen at breakfast time what a very friendly lady and thanks to the bars staff (little) john, Shawn and Frenchy so many name sorry if I missed you out. Well the drink got me pickled thanks again. Oh and also the sally golf goody bag was a cracking little treat

Mr G Dixon

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Wow, thanks so much for such a great review...we really appreciate the time you have taken to post such a detailed review. I am so pleased you found all aspects of your golf holiday to be spot on - food, staff and golf arrangements. I know all the staff mentioned will be very happy to be praised so much. Yes the Sally Goody Bags are a welcome treat and are always appreciated.
Once again many, many thanks and I do hope you will book back with us next year.
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Greek first
Pitmedden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We just returned from a three day stay at the Salutation Hotel in Perth.
The hotel is one of the oldest in Scotland and the inside of the hotel has been very well cared for. The staff were very friendly and the hotel is kept very clean. Food was very good and again the staff made every effort to make your stay an enjoyable one. The location is excellent for those who wish to leave their car for the hotel is in the center of the shopping area and there are many restaurants in the area to choose from but we were very pleased with the food at the hotel.
My only comment about the hotel is the outside is in need of a upgrade to preserve the beauty of the old building and to preserve the statues on the outer walls.
We had booked online but if we had walked past I don't think we would have stayed or even gone in for a meal for the outside is really needing work but once you enter the front door you see the clean and comfortable surroundings. Thank you to the staff for making us feel so welcome.

1 Thank Lasalle_1956
Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a pleasant review, I am so pleased to read that you were so happy with all aspects of your stay. Its great to read that you enjoyed the food and found all the staff very friendly. I am also glad you noted that the hotel is kept clean and tidy. I do agree that the front of the hotel requires a painting, we are looking at various ways that would be best to tackle this project and hopefully can progress when finance and timings suit.
Once again many thanks for your review, we really do appreciate the feedback.
Okehampton
Reviewed 13 September 2013

On coach tour stayed two nights For an old building well maintained and signs that refurbs are on
Going .Food simple but good quality and friendly local staff Idealy situated for main shopping centreLimited offload parking

Room Tip: Sorry no swimming pool or fitness centre
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thanks very much for dropping a few lines about your recent stay in whch I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased you found the food good, staff friendly and the location was ideal. Once again many thanks and I do hope you will return in the future.
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Had our wedding here on Saturday 7th September and cannot fault a thing. From the organisational skills of Lorraine the events manager to the MC John Fyfe it was first class all the way and nothing was any trouble to them.

Last minute changes to numbers, additional accommodation and overall smoothness means you will not be disappointed if you opt for this venue. Our day ran smoothly from start to finish and we were advised and not forced into anything. The MC on the day John Fyfe was excellent and kept us fully informed of how we would proceed, checking that we were happy and everything was to our satisfaction.

Thank you to all staff - a memorable day and would recommend to all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to post such a superb review about your recent wedding. I am delighted to read that you found the Salutatin Hotel so good for your wedding. I know Lorraine and John will be delighted to read your remarks too. John did indeed do a great job as the MC on Saturday. Once again I do appreciate your remarks and I wish you both all the best for the future.
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Food was great , bar staff amusing, couldn't believe all the oldies, but hey was a lot of fun, sorry bar keep but CC rocks...the band were good I don't know which was more scary, the age of the crowd of the fact that I knew most of the songs....

Room Tip: Any we were on the top floor by quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post a review, I do appreciate the time you have take to raise a few points about the room, although I pleased to read that the rooms was nice, clean and sizeable. We do indeed have quieter rooms at the back of the hotel which you may prefer at a future visit. I am glad you found the breakfast enjoyable and the bar food nice and yes John and Shannon are great assets to the hotel. Once again many thanks and we do look forward to seeing you in the future.
scotland
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just home from a 3 day stay here. Checked in quickly enough. We were in room 232 which is a twin, couldn't get a double as hotel was full. This room is to front of hotel, mattresses weren't that comfortable, too hard and bit noisy on main road, the floor vibrates with heavy traffic. Spotlessly clean, nice bathroom, good sized. Breakfast as lots have said already, great. Ate in the bar one night and food was nice enough, they do a specials menu each day with 2 courses for 8.95 or 3 for 9.95. Very close to all amenities, shops all close by. The staff were great, John and Shannen are are a brilliant asset to the hotel, Kieran who served us breakfast, very polite and helpful. Only found one a bit rude, yelled from behind reception 'what room you in?', when we were sitting out at reception, everyone turned round, not very professional. We would return but ask for a room to the back. It is a bit dated but then that's also part of th charm.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from main road
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
SallyGM, General Manager at Salutation Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a few words about your recent stay, I do appreciate the points raised in your review. We will certainly look at the mattresses in room 232. I am pleased that you found the room to be clean, good size, nice bathroom. We do have quieter rooms at the back of the hotel if people require such. I am glad you found the hotel staff to be helpful except one, I wish I knew which one so I could investigate further. I am very pleased you found the named bar staff so good. Thanks also for the pleasant reports about the food too.
Once again many thanks for the review.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I booked this hotel for a two night stay as it was our anniversary but when I read the reviews on trip advisor I wasn't sure if I had done the right thing. However i was soon put at ease when we arrived the receptionist Cheryl was fantastic nothing was a problem to her even helping me when my kindle froze to having an ice bucket with champagne in our room from the hotel. John(y) the bar manager was great too and ALFIE says thanks for the beef. The room we were in was 219 and it was clean and the beds were comfy. The food at breakfast was lovely with plenty of choices plus the food in the bar was excellent too. I cannot fault the staff or this hotel and we enjoyed our stay and WE WILL BE BACK

Room Tip: 219 was good for us no view to speak of but quiet at night
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for such a lovely review from your recent stay. I am so pleased to read that you were so happy with your stay, I also note how impressed you were with the help from certain members of your stay. That is great to read. I am also pleased to read that the rooms was clean and comfy and the bar meals were fantastic. Thats great.
Once again many thanks and hope you will be back for youir next anniversary.